Finally 1 clean wheel, 4 to go

jeeeep

Hooked
I've been working on cleaning my wheels and have tried all the "PRO" cleaners you can get from any autoparts store, Griots and SEP....they all did nothing, even with scrubbing.

ordered biokleen step 1, took several applications and scrubbing but less than what I attempted with all the other cleaners:

before frt.jpg almost done frt.jpg FrontSide_After.jpg

before_back.jpg After_back.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Get that damn sharkhide on there brother! That looks like a gigantic pain in the ass!

Incidentally, I was looking on the can and saw that they make a cleaner too - did you ever try that stuff?

jeeeep

Hooked
That looks like fun! It looks great well worth the elbow grease..

it took me about an hour, I had spent about 3 hours when I was using the Mcguires and all those others only to get nowhere.

Will it work for this?[emoji38] View attachment 221143

hahaha eat your spinach, you're going to apply a lot of elbow grease

Get that damn sharkhide on there brother! That looks like a gigantic pain in the ass!

Incidentally, I was looking on the can and saw that they make a cleaner too - did you ever try that stuff?

I plan to get them all done and sharkhide applied, I'm trying to figure out how to polish them better. I used some metal polish on half before I quit as I noticed is really wasn't any better than the rest of the wheel.
I've never tried their cleaner.

Finally a thread I can relate to. Your wheels are looking good.

thanks, they were really looking like ass, I haven't cleaned them properly since I put them on March last year.

The Bio-Kleen Step 1 is an acid wash, it works fast. the brake dust on the back sides was thick, took a few applications but it worked so much better.
All the other stuff didn't even get the brake dust soft enough to break down with a brush, I was using steel wool, real stiff brushes and almost took a brush on a drill - glad I didn't do that!
Bio-clean did most the work, then I concentrated on the areas that were more stubborn

4 more to go! i'll get them done tomorrow and sharkhide them :thumb:

Kilroy

Make sure you put a paint sealer like wheel guard from chemical guys or something like that on those after that or it will be harder to clean next time. Or even a wax would work too. Looks dam good btw.

jeeeep

Hooked
Make sure you put a paint sealer like wheel guard from chemical guys or something like that on those after that or it will be harder to clean next time. Or even a wax would work too. Looks dam good btw.

yes, I put a temporary coating on it for now, I plan to polish them out, clear coat and sharkhide to make them easier to clean from now on. :thumb:

Journeyman

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473027321.020926.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473027337.087375.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473027351.106323.jpg
Jeeep I discovered this stuff a few months ago. The previous owners of our house left it behind. It's amazing! I had the same problem with my wife mini wheels. After trying everything I had on hand and nothing working at all, I came across this and it worked amazing. I even diluted it down a bit more and was able clean her creme colored leather seats.

Jegar

I have never heard of the sharkhide before, but it sounds like great stuff! Subscribed to see the finished product and for more tips. Great thread!

jeeeep

Hooked
View attachment 221253 View attachment 221254 View attachment 221255
Jeeep I discovered this stuff a few months ago. The previous owners of our house left it behind. It's amazing! I had the same problem with my wife mini wheels. After trying everything I had on hand and nothing working at all, I came across this and it worked amazing. I even diluted it down a bit more and was able clean her creme colored leather seats.

never heard of it, it's mail order only - I'd like to get a bottle and compare it to the Bio-Kleen.

2 wheels left, I think I'll mix the new batch 3:1 instead of 4:1 - i may have to get s bottle of that professor amos

Journeyman

Forgot to mention that she had a bit of live oak sap on her hood. This stuff took it right off. Made me a bit nervous with the paint so I diluted it down a bit more. Worked out great and no clear coat damage.

boardsurfer

I plan to get them all done and sharkhide applied, I'm trying to figure out how to polish them better. I used some metal polish on half before I quit as I noticed is really wasn't any better than the rest of the wheel.
I've never tried their cleaner.

I just finished the sharkhide on mine a few days ago. Here's a tip. The instructions say to use a cloth diaper because its fairly thick and lint free. I bought a small pack of Gerbers and I can tell you they are most definitely NOT lint free. My wheels looked like ass and I was pissed. So I stripped it all off which was quite the chore and reapplied with a foam paint brush I got at Lowes for a buck. :thumb::thumb: Plus it was much easier to get into the wheel spokes.

Ddays

Hooked
Gotta wash those diapers at least once there big guy. Old cloth diapers work best cuz all the loose lint is long gone....

boardsurfer

Gotta wash those diapers at least once there big guy. Old cloth diapers work best cuz all the loose lint is long gone....

Lol. That did cross my mind but it was just a fleeting moment. I should have paid closer attention to that one. :doh:

Top Bottom