Finally buying my Prorock44

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As mentioned get the pro rock with the pro steers. I didn't and I regretted it. Now that I have them installed im in love

WJCO

Meme King
I would highly suggest Dynatrac ball joints. Other than that, maybe the raised trac bar bracket with the front steering damper bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

^^^Agreed on both.

If you're running a hi steer setup, make sure and get the raised track bar bracket.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm wasnt thinking about a high steer setup at all, was thinking of running my regular setup, might change to the prosteers though

I'm running 2.5 inches of lift, would the high steer be a problem? At that height I mean...

At that height, you should be find with the standard setup, but make sure you cycle your axle really well after the install as noted here: http://www.dynatrac.com/downloads/ProRock FAQ_revK.pdf to ensure that large rib on the ProRock housing doesn't hit your oil pan. May not be anything you have to deal with, but just bringing it up.

Untitled.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm running 2.5 inches of lift, would the high steer be a problem? At that height I mean...

I would not do a high steer set up. It isn't worth it. It only moves the tie rod about 1/2" up. Just still with the oem knuckles.

Now if your referring to the drag link flip you prob wouldn't notice any benefits from it with being so low. You want to be above 3" for you to notice any benefits. Also you need to run about 3" of bump stop on the passenger side so the drag link doesn't contact the frame

J

JKDream

Does the PR44 have electronics that hook right up to the factory front locker switch?

Yes/No.
If you buy the replacement rubicon housing, it will come pre-drilled for the locker actuator that sits on top of the differential.
It does not come with any additional wiring, you re-use the factory harness that is attached to the locker/jeep.

WJCO

Meme King
Does the PR44 have electronics that hook right up to the factory front locker switch?

The link that I posted above http://www.dynatrac.com/downloads/ProRock FAQ_revK.pdf will answer as well. You can get an empty housing for an elocker or you can have them put an elocker in and have them do the gear work. You can also get their other housing which is setup for a conventional locker and with that housing you can also get it empty or with a locker and gears installed.

aermotor

Cool thanks I will check out that PDF. I currently have a Rubicon D44 front and plan to swap everything into a PR44, I figured it would work the same, was just confirming. Looks like I need the Mopar harness, sort of odd they left out the indicator light wiring though, is there one you can get so it will show as stock does in the dash?

Last edited:
J

JKDream

Cool thanks I will check out that PDF. I currently have a Rubicon D44 front and plan to swap everything into a PR44, I figured it would work the same, was just confirming. Looks like I need the Mopar harness, sort of odd they left out the indicator light wiring though, is there one you can get so it will show as stock does in the dash?

Do you have a Rubicon or did you buy a Rubicon takeoff axle?
If you have a Rubicon, you don't need to buy any harnesses, they're already installed.

Top Bottom