Finally buying my Prorock44

JKU Arizona

Cool thanks I will check out that PDF. I currently have a Rubicon D44 front and plan to swap everything into a PR44, I figured it would work the same, was just confirming. Looks like I need the Mopar harness, sort of odd they left out the indicator light wiring though, is there one you can get so it will show as stock does in the dash?
I just had a PR44 housing installed in my Jeep and everything from the front d44 transfered over with zero issues no additional components needed everything fits and lines up perfect. If your going directly through Dynatrac they should be able to steer you in the right direction. Its amazing how tiny and light weight the stock 44 feels after handling the pr44.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

aermotor

I just had a PR44 housing installed in my Jeep and everything from the front d44 transfered over with zero issues no additional components needed everything fits and lines up perfect. If your going directly through Dynatrac they should be able to steer you in the right direction. Its amazing how tiny and light weight the stock 44 feels after handling the pr44.

Awesome, great to hear. I'm doing essentially the same thing—do you have a Rubicon with locker? Already have Ten Factory chromo shafts up front too. Man, I'm sure it is, can't wait to be able to pull the trigger.

JKU Arizona

Awesome, great to hear. I'm doing essentially the same thing—do you have a Rubicon with locker? Already have Ten Factory chromo shafts up front too. Man, I'm sure it is, can't wait to be able to pull the trigger.
Yeah, 2008 JKU Rubi with stock lockers. You also gain more ground clearance and its noticeable. A local shop installed it along with gears (5.13) for $1000 + shop fees. It was like perfect timing because they're closed this week for KOH the owner is in the race. I still haven't put 200 miles in the new gears yet.

Are you doing your own install?

aermotor

Yeah, 2008 JKU Rubi with stock lockers. You also gain more ground clearance and its noticeable. A local shop installed it along with gears (5.13) for $1000 + shop fees. It was like perfect timing because they're closed this week for KOH the owner is in the race. I still haven't put 200 miles in the new gears yet.

Are you doing your own install?

Awesome. I'm going to drop it off at EVO and have them do it. They installed the gears I have right now and I don't want to (nor do I know how) to remove and reinstall gears properly. They will also do it in a fraction of what it would take me haha.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Finally placed the order, now the wait and accompanying desperation begins...
:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Last edited:
After 2 years in delays from life, I'm finally gonna be buying a PR44.

I'm going to be buying it through my usual local 4wd shop and they will order all parts I requested via their suppliers. There is one Local Dynatrac vendor here but their price for "turnkey" was absurdly higher.

My local shop will order all parts I give them on the list and build the axle at the shop

Here is the List

Dynatrac Prorock Housing for ARB or Eaton (JK44-1X3010-X)
Dynatrac 44 Axle Shafts (JK44-1X3220-D)
Yukon Gear 4.56 R&P
Yukon Gear install Kit
Yukon Zip Locker
Crown Ball Joints
JE Reel front DS

I'm reusing my outers, I don't think I'm missing anything but want to have you guys look at it cause a second pair of eyes never hurt anyone...

Placing my order tomorrow, so waiting on your input guys...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for choosing Dynatrac and congrats! One thing, on the ball joints, you can get a ProRock 44 housing from us already equipped with our heavy-duty rebuildable ball joints, and we highly recommend you go this route for your axle. You can find scores of other threads here and other forums where guys have gone a different route on the ball joints and ended up coming back to ours. Give us a call at 714-421-4314 and we can go over everything with you, answer any other questions you might have as well.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Thanks for choosing Dynatrac and congrats! One thing, on the ball joints, you can get a ProRock 44 housing from us already equipped with our heavy-duty rebuildable ball joints, and we highly recommend you go this route for your axle. You can find scores of other threads here and other forums where guys have gone a different route on the ball joints and ended up coming back to ours. Give us a call at 714-421-4314 and we can go over everything with you, answer any other questions you might have as well.

I just saw this, I placed my order on Friday at the shop. I'm not sure if the ProSteers will come already installed, as the shop will order all parts from their supplier. I do look forward however to running The PR44 on my Jeep with the satisfaction that I will run quality stuff made in the USA. I see a lot of the chinaflex here enough to know this is an investment that requires quality parts from the start for a long life...

jorgelrod

Hooked
Just got and update, Lead time on the housing is 3 to 5 weeks, I knew it could take this long, but this age of instant gratification has me itching like a fucking crack addict...
:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Top Bottom