Firefighter and Law Enforcement Wayalifers! The Official Public safety Wayalife thread

JKbrick

I've never heard them called brush rigs before. We call them patrols. Cool term for it

After 9/11 we did a lot of training called NIMS that was supposed to make all the cop talk and fire talk the same and we changed what we called some apparatus to be the same as the rest of the fire service. That was only part of NIMS. Our radio traffic was supposed to change from code to plain English but as of last year when I retired it was still code. I think things are still different everywhere

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kalums

We take the NIMS recert here every few years but as for Maricopa Co. None of our radio traffic as changed... At least none that we use on a regular basis.

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app
Edited... Because I can't spell

USMC Wrangler

While I'm no firefighter, my boots served me well today. I helped two co-workers "kick out" a fire that started on the shoulder near a county mower on the way to work today. We are pretty dried out in SE AZ and this could've gone bad quick. It was only about 100 yards behind the mower.

IMG_2204.jpg

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Kalums

While I'm no firefighter, my boots served me well today. I helped two co-workers "kick out" a fire that started on the shoulder near a county mower on the way to work today. We are pretty dried out in SE AZ and this could've gone bad quick. It was only about 100 yards behind the mower.

View attachment 232785

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

👍👍good job glad you were there ide hate to see that on the news, it is dry as all get out here in AZ right now so it could have gone bad really quick.

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jackal01

After 9/11 we did a lot of training called NIMS that was supposed to make all the cop talk and fire talk the same and we changed what we called some apparatus to be the same as the rest of the fire service. That was only part of NIMS. Our radio traffic was supposed to change from code to plain English but as of last year when I retired it was still code. I think things are still different everywhere

NIMS is very common nowadays. I have done a lot of it. It seems Fire departments have adopted the plain English guideline more so than police. Police, fire and ems have the same radios at my full time job and they are regularly talking in code. My volunteer gig and all the departments dispatched by that comm center (different than full time job) all use plain English.

Jackal01

View attachment 232785

Overall "build thread"

Well done!!!!!!

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug

We went thru the same thing, using codes again.

Jeep with stuff on it. [emoji631]

ob_tj

I did a couple classes for NIMS' but being only 21 and getting hired when I was only 18. The only thing that I have ever dealt with radio traffic wise has always been clear text for me. I don't know any 10 codes.

JKbrick

I did a couple classes for NIMS' but being only 21 and getting hired when I was only 18. The only thing that I have ever dealt with radio traffic wise has always been clear text for me. I don't know any 10 codes.

I made it through all the NIMS but never got to be an officer, our Dept required the certs to be officers. The counties around ours use 10 codes and our county used a different code. Then the paid depts had 800 radios and the volunteers had vhf, it made it all interesting on mutual aid calls. But I still loved every minute of it

I have been on the force coming up on 9 years. I'am a Accident Investigator in the Traffic Division.

Pic I took during the summer.

My other ride.. lol

Jackal01

I like the black! Not digging the two mini bars on top of the F150, though.

Today I interviewed for Captain and EO for the dept I volunteer with (Cypress Creek FD). 3 capt and 3 EOs open which will make 3 of our 4 stations full time. Start date is Jan 2 so it will be a tense couple weeks coming up!

Apparently not my time for either position. :grayno:

Top Bottom