First accessory? First upgrade?

I'd have to agree that new LED headlights are a great first step being that the factory lights are far from stellar. Aside from that, rocker guards and tow points front and rear are what I'd get if you don't already have them.

I'd have to agree that new LED headlights are a great first step being that the factory lights are far from stellar. Aside from that, rocker guards and tow points front and rear are what I'd get if you don't already have them.

Got all of the above except the lights! I really need to do some studying on y'all lingo hahaha This is definitely new territory for me!

Got all of the above except the lights! I really need to do some studying on y'all lingo hahaha This is definitely new territory for me!

Okay, how about recovery gear or at least a tow strap and a compressor and tire deflators? If you don't have a Rubicon, sway bar link quick disconnects are nice to have. You don't need much to get out and to start having fun.

Your upgrades are investments into the future use of the Jeep. What is your plan for the Jeep? Is it a daily driver, something to go exploring or camping in? Something you want to go four wheeling in? Make a plan and get your budget in place, don't just go off and buy an evap canister relocation kit and 52" light bar because some one said so. ( after 8 years of rock crawling in my JK my stock evap canister doesn't have a scratch on it, and even living miles down a dirt road in a very rural part of NV I have never needed to use a light bar)

My first mods were lift, tires, beadlocks, bumpers & winch. Then sliders, a doubler and upgrading the steering components. Over 8 years a lot has changed to keep the jeep capable of going where I want to go, investing in good quality parts will allow you to do more and be safer in the long run.

Happy trails!

Your upgrades are investments into the future use of the Jeep. What is your plan for the Jeep? Is it a daily driver, something to go exploring or camping in? Something you want to go four wheeling in? Make a plan and get your budget in place, don't just go off and buy an evap canister relocation kit and 52" light bar because some one said so. ( after 8 years of rock crawling in my JK my stock evap canister doesn't have a scratch on it, and even living miles down a dirt road in a very rural part of NV I have never needed to use a light bar)

My first mods were lift, tires, beadlocks, bumpers & winch. Then sliders, a doubler and upgrading the steering components. Over 8 years a lot has changed to keep the jeep capable of going where I want to go, investing in good quality parts will allow you to do more and be safer in the long run.

Happy trails!

Thank you so much!!! Not exactly sure what my plan is. It is my daily driver, but I definitely want to get out and go exploring and alittle four wheeling.

Happy trails!

What is a doubler?

Thank you so much!!! Not exactly sure what my plan is. It is my daily driver, but I definitely want to get out and go exploring and alittle four wheeling.

Find a group near you to go out on the trails with, you'll quickly see what your comfort level is and then what you will need to enhance your experience. It's always great to get out and see other Jeeps on the trail and see what mod's seem to really work. Rock crawlers & overlanders will definitely have different opinions on "must haves", but building to suit your needs is what's important.

Maybe some TX folks can steer you in the right direction for some newbie trail runs and get you started on the right track.

Before starting to put money on stuff you may or may not need, I like the idea recommend of getting together with a local jeep club, and going on a run, and see how far you can push your comfort level. Since you already have rocker guards and attachment points, you should be set for some mild wheeling. I would recommend as a first option if your is not a Rubi to get front sway bar disconnects as your first mod.

Good luck and have fun.

I put on the mounts for windshield LED's and a Rugged Ridge switch panel on the A Pillar.

No, I do not yet have the lights.

I was never the smartest one in school.... :cheesy:

Recovery gear, both off road and on road. IE. gloves, towstrap, shackle, jumper cables,and a small tool kit. Also a four way tire iron is great to have for changing a flat, if you know how to use it it makes getting the new tire up on the lugs easier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom