FIRST SNOW for JET Li - JL Wrangler Playing in the White Stuff

jeeeep

Hooked
wow, late snow! and I hear a bigger storm is supposed to hit.

Fun times :thumb:

if Jet was all white would he be a snow ninja??

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Spent the last hour with my soon to be 16 year old and two of his friends. Perfect conditions for him to learn to “lose control” and get it back. It would be even more fun if the traction control really truly completely shut off all the way. ;)

TrailHunter

Hooked
Spent the last hour with my soon to be 16 year old and two of his friends. Perfect conditions for him to learn to “lose control” and get it back. It would be even more fun if the traction control really truly completely shut off all the way. ;)

Thats awesome Sharkey! Pull the J6 fuse.... its like a whole new Jeep! (Keep the key off when removing & installing)

JAGS

Hooked
Jet Li in the snow looks great. It's actually good that we get some weather as we need it in the snow pack.

Gbint

Wow. Beautiful valley shots. Love the stubby bumper up front by the way. However a sure way to get pulled over in BC. Thanks for the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

He’s 16, all control has already been lost.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice Pics Cindy!

This one sort of makes the black on the fender disappear and almost looks like a trimmed fender:

Good eye and yes, it really does. I think that's one of the things we like most about the painted fenders - it's how they look with the black trim.

This is bullshit!!! You live in Nevada and I'm in Kansas....I'm pretty sure you guys out west have gotten more snow this year than we have in the past couple!!! Damn it 😡. Send it out here when you are done! 🤣

Very cool pics by the way! Can't wait to see Jet Li with the new shoes and lift playing in the white stuff!

LOL!! The snow is fun but this late in the year, you can have it. :D

Actually this is one of the worst years in the last few. Back in a drought we go. Lol

If things keep up, this could turn out to be what is known up here as a "Miracle March". 2011 was a lot like this and made wheeling really tough all summer as most of the trails were still closed well into July.

Year isn’t over yet. Mt. Rose got 3+ feet in the last 24 hours and it is still dumping hard.

I know - it's been nuts!

Jet Li looks like he enjoyed his first snow ⛄️. We got about 8inches today and it’s still coming down! Before I put heat in the shop I used pvc, bungee ties and tarps. Made up a 10x16 ft curtain x2 and 10x12 ends. I thought about putting a lid on with another but it stayed toasty with a Mr. Heater. Can’t wait to see Jet Li elevated to the next level, thanks for the update👍

That's not such a bad idea - blocking off part of the garage that is. :crazyeyes:

It is really dumping now. We had 8” this morning and have another 6” since 6:00 tonight. They were making cars exit at Mccarran on 395 North bound due to cars sliding off the road further north.

I know you've been getting a lot more than us that's for sure. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your really lucky you got some snow for Jet Li to play around in. Our local ski area only has a 24” base right now where as typically it’s in the mid to high 80” range this time of year. At close to 7k foot elevation we’ve only gotten close to an inch in all winter if we’re lucky.

Been a tough winter for us out here as well. Granted, last year was EPIC and we broke all kinds of records so I suppose it all equals out. :crazyeyes:

wow, late snow! and I hear a bigger storm is supposed to hit.

Fun times :thumb:

if Jet was all white would he be a snow ninja??

Not quite yet but he'll get there soon enough.

LOL!! That's awesome. Too bad vehicles today have all that stability control crap. :icon_crazy:

Thats awesome Sharkey! Pull the J6 fuse.... its like a whole new Jeep! (Keep the key off when removing & installing)

Hmmm, wonder if I can do something like that on my JL too. The ESC is just way too much in control of things for my taste.

I always thought white Jeeps in snow look badass....

Jet Li in the snow looks great. It's actually good that we get some weather as we need it in the snow pack.

Oh yeah, we definitely need the snow pack, that's for sure.

LoL yeah I know you guys have had it rough with the droughts, and I can only sympathize as we here in the Midwest don't have to experience that! Luckily

Well, last winter was a banner year so things have gotten better. Certainly, all the dried out reservoirs have filled back up and to the point of being a problem in some cases.

Wow. Beautiful valley shots. Love the stubby bumper up front by the way. However a sure way to get pulled over in BC. Thanks for the pics.

Bummer that the stubby bumper would be a problem in your neck of the woods.

He’s 16, all control has already been lost.

:cheesy:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Hmmm, wonder if I can do something like that on my JL too. The ESC is just way too much in control of things for my taste.

I can tell you that it worked great on my JK in the sand.... After I pulled it, I was doing donuts no problem and the Jeep stopped fighting me in the Dunes.... When I aired up to leave, popped it back in and everything went back to normal.. ( I read somewhere to make sure the key was Off when doing this)

On the JK it's: J6 - Anti-lock Brake (ABS) Pump / Stability Control System - 40 amp

The 3 that I can see on the JL that might do it are:
1. F34 - ESC/EHPS/SBCM WAKE UP - 10 amp
2. F100 - ESC-ECU & VALVES - 30 amp
3. F106 - ESC-PUMP MTR - 40 amp

If I had to guess, the magic fuse is F106 which is the same amps and similar wording, ie "ESC / Pump"

There's only one way to find out.. :crazyeyes:

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.php?223-JL-Wrangler-FUSE-BOX-Quick-Reference-Chart

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can tell you that it worked great on my JK in the sand.... After I pulled it, I was doing donuts no problem and the Jeep stopped fighting me in the Dunes.... When I aired up to leave, popped it back in and everything went back to normal.. ( I read somewhere to make sure the key was Off when doing this)

On the JK it's: J6 - Anti-lock Brake (ABS) Pump / Stability Control System - 40 amp

If I had to guess, the magic fuse is F106 which is the same amps and similar wording, ie "ESC / Pump"

Thanks for looking that up! I just may have to give that a try. My JL was really fighting me in the snow the last couple of days and to the point were it was pissing me off. I still could get it to whip around and do doughnuts but it took a LOT more effort.

Chris Gearhart

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.php?223-JL-Wrangler-FUSE-BOX-Quick-Reference-Chart

That’s awesome, thanks for looking that up.

I found this on p. 210/1 of the manual: you can turn the ESC to

• partial off “when a more spirited driving experience is desired” lol, or

• “Full Off — If Equipped
This mode is intended for off-highway or off-road use only and should not be used on any public roadways. In this mode, TCS and ESC features are turned OFF. To enter the “Full Off” mode, push and hold the “ESC Off” switch for five seconds while the vehicle is stopped with the engine running. After five seconds, a chime will sound, the “ESC Off Indicator Light” will illuminate, and the “ESC OFF” message will display in the instrument cluster. To turn ESC ON again, momentarily push the “ESC Off” switch.
NOTE: System may switch from ESC “Full Off” to “Partial Off” mode when vehicle exceeds a predetermined speed. When the vehicle speed slows below the predetermined speed the system will return to ESC “Full Off”.
ESC modes may also be affected by drive modes if so equipped.”

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s awesome, thanks for looking that up.

I found this on p. 210/1 of the manual: you can turn the ESC to

• partial off “when a more spirited driving experience is desired” lol, or

• “Full Off — If Equipped
This mode is intended for off-highway or off-road use only and should not be used on any public roadways. In this mode, TCS and ESC features are turned OFF. To enter the “Full Off” mode, push and hold the “ESC Off” switch for five seconds while the vehicle is stopped with the engine running. After five seconds, a chime will sound, the “ESC Off Indicator Light” will illuminate, and the “ESC OFF” message will display in the instrument cluster. To turn ESC ON again, momentarily push the “ESC Off” switch.
NOTE: System may switch from ESC “Full Off” to “Partial Off” mode when vehicle exceeds a predetermined speed. When the vehicle speed slows below the predetermined speed the system will return to ESC “Full Off”.
ESC modes may also be affected by drive modes if so equipped.”

Okay, sounds just like later model JK's. Thanks for posting this up and saving me the trouble of looking it up. :thumb:

Top Bottom