Flip-1953 M38A1

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Looking good! [emoji106] Hope you get it done by the show. If I have time off I’ll head up that way for the show been wanting to go for a few years but always was doing something.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I think she needs a tune, these waterproof plugs at $30 each for NOS. I cleaned them up, but it’s still running a bit rough.

Thank god for eBay. I’m trying to avoid replacing with Chinese made parts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

IMG_8085.jpg

IMG_8086.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think she needs a tune, these waterproof plugs at $30 each for NOS. I cleaned them up, but it’s still running a bit rough.

Thank god for eBay. I’m trying to avoid replacing with Chinese made parts.

I bet you can get it to run smoother just by playing with the timing.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I bet you can get it to run smoother just by playing with the timing.

It was running damn good before it sat for two years. I’m buying a set of auto lite just for stock since what’s left in stock is what’s left.

I know I have rust in the fuel, so I’ve changed all the filters. Next up I’d taking apart the carb [emoji849][emoji22]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It was running damn good before it sat for two years. I’m buying a set of auto lite just for stock since what’s left in stock is what’s left.

I know I have rust in the fuel, so I’ve changed all the filters. Next up I’d taking apart the carb [emoji849][emoji22]

Ah, yeah, if you haven’t run it in a while, I’ll bet your carb will need a good cleaning.

Do you have fresh gas or two year old gas? New gas can’t sit long without turning thanks to the additives. Might as well be 10% water. I tried tracking sown a running issue with boat for weeks and weeks and eventually drained the tank and refilled. Came right back to life.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Do you have fresh gas or two year old gas? New gas can’t sit long without turning thanks to the additives. Might as well be 10% water. I tried tracking sown a running issue with boat for weeks and weeks and eventually drained the tank and refilled. Came right back to life.

It’s new gas, I cleaned the inside of the tank really good. Added some sea foam and a shit ton of other fuel line cleaning cans in it.

I’ve ran it over the last two years and had fuel stabilizer. The way it just ran on a quick spin, it’s the carb, it’s stutters when it should be kicking down

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Tail lights in, jerry van holder, and test fitted the factory tire carrier from the donor. IMG_8108.jpg

IMG_8107.jpg

IMG_8111.jpg

Also bend the passenger side seat back into shape. It was smashed on the roll over IMG_8110.jpg

I need to order a rebuild kit, but I did clean the carb up, it was full of rust. [emoji849]
IMG_8117.jpg

IMG_8119.jpg

IMG_8087.jpg

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Rebuilt the carb and it runs like a dream. IMG_8193.jpg

IMG_8194.jpg

Finished just in time for the car show to be cancelled [emoji849] IMG_8275.jpg
IMG_8271.JPG
IMG_8273.jpg
IMG_8274.jpg