Florence Junction this morning - where's Eddie

I liked the FB members comment "where in the world is "Ed" on last nights "100 degree @ 10pm" post and while i realize giving up your location before a trip is sometimes reserved, if you are in AZ and there's a possibility you're headed to FJ it would be cool to run into Wayalife himself! We're in a small and capable group meeting off price road in an hour, starting with Elvis then may branch off to jackass bypass, will post pics later

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

So going with my prior message in that, I'd post pics, for the grins of it here's a brief video and a few pics of our group from FJ today for everyone. As you know, Arizona this time of year tends to be a bit on the "holy *&%^ close the oven door" side, but being a native and, IMO, today wasn't too bad. Reached 111.
Heading up Elvis the first obstacle on the run is a 4' waterfall aka ledge in summer until monsoons hit. Hopefully after a good rain it'll be 5'+:)
http://s102.photobucket.com/user/Lenny_0117/media/IMG_0600-1_zpsd5ebac2a.mp4.html

airdown

Love our backyard

Last edited:

firecrew1

Nice pics:thumb: Elvis is a pretty cool trail, especially after a good rain :D is that tj running the genright kit?

Last edited:
Nice pics:thumb: Elvis is a pretty cool trail, especially after a good rain :D is that tj running the genright kit?

More or less, that and more custom fab work. Isn't everywhere in AZ better after a good rain!? Prescott is bitchen, I had an enduro race up there in April (camp wood), great area for this time of year...Stay where you are:beer:

firecrew1

More or less, that and more custom fab work. Isn't everywhere in AZ better after a good rain!? Prescott is bitchen, I had an enduro race up there in April (camp wood), great area for this time of year...Stay where you are:beer:

You are correct, most of the trails do have a different look after a good rain,:yup: hopefully soon its been awhile,:mad: yes Prescott is nice, how did your enduro go?

You are correct, most of the trails do have a different look after a good rain,:yup: hopefully soon its been awhile,:mad: yes Prescott is nice, how did your enduro go?

Threads are worthless without pics, right? Here's before the start - ended up taking 3rd in my class (30+B). Restart format, so no Hare Scramble, which is always nice. But yea brutha, there's only one other state I'd live in.... Rain will be here in a month or so, hopefully the monsoons are as good as they were last year. Had some good times out there wheelin' and riding and everything in-between. Carving a track in fresh velcro after a rain, ,braaaap.

IMG_20130414_075032_500_zps0a01d047.jpg

Cheesy retake, no softcopy

Hey Do you have any idea where some tight wheelin' places are in Prescott? I always am pushed towards mingus mtn and the like, trying to find time to explore but don't have any, time.

firecrew1

Threads are worthless without pics, right? Here's before the start - ended up taking 3rd in my class (30+B). Restart format, so no Hare Scramble, which is always nice. But yea brutha, there's only one other state I'd live in.... Rain will be here in a month or so, hopefully the monsoons are as good as they were last year. Had some good times out there wheelin' and riding and everything in-between. Carving a track in fresh velcro after a rain, ,braaaap.

IMG_20130414_075032_500_zps0a01d047.jpg

Cheesy retake, no softcopy

Hey Do you have any idea where some tight wheelin' places are in Prescott? I always am pushed towards mingus mtn and the like, trying to find time to explore but don't have any, time.

Congrats on the class 3rd, before breaking my back in 09' i used to race mainly mx with some Big 6 and worx races, ran 450a, so its good to find people who ride on here also.:thumb: unfortunately with the back injury i cant take the punishment like i did:grayno:

To tell you the truth, there really isnt any wheelin up here, i mean theres smiley rock, and some cool ruins but those are mingus or closer to sycamore creek wilderness. There are some trails out here off of walker rd that go to remote ponds(wouldnt call them lakes), There are some washes out here that are sometimes fun just to fly through the sand but nothing that really requires anything more than a stocker.(they run from wilhoit to skull valley) There is also a cool shelf road that gets pretty narrow in some spots that runs from skull valley up to Prescott, thats about it :D really wish they didnt close Alto pit to Jeeps.

In Bagdad i have heard that there are several (buggy only) type trails

In Congress, there is a offroad park "Thunder Rock Offroad Ranch" that looks good, havent had time to make it there though

Congrats on the class 3rd, before breaking my back in 09' i used to race mainly mx with some Big 6 and worx races, ran 450a, so its good to find people who ride on here also.:thumb: unfortunately with the back injury i cant take the punishment like i did:grayno:

To tell you the truth, there really isnt any wheelin up here, i mean theres smiley rock, and some cool ruins but those are mingus or closer to sycamore creek wilderness. There are some trails out here off of walker rd that go to remote ponds(wouldnt call them lakes), There are some washes out here that are sometimes fun just to fly through the sand but nothing that really requires anything more than a stocker.(they run from wilhoit to skull valley) There is also a cool shelf road that gets pretty narrow in some spots that runs from skull valley up to Prescott, thats about it :D really wish they didnt close Alto pit to Jeeps.

In Bagdad i have heard that there are several (buggy only) type trails

In Congress, there is a offroad park "Thunder Rock Offroad Ranch" that looks good, havent had time to make it there though

Man, I am sorry to hear about the back.. I am, because I've been there too so I know the dilemma you're in. I was in the sand dunes in '04 (buttercup) and hit a witches-eye at 12:30pm (never ride in the afternoon for this reason but this time I did), went right over a 25' drop. light fracture on two discs and herniated another. Fortunately Im able to ride and only have minor setbacks and only periodically. But that's why we have jeeps, right!?

Congress is cool, I've been there and also to watch the W.E. ROCK/DIRT RIOT Ultra 4 races in March. Bagdad, really.. Didn't think of that place as anything other than an alternate mars rover experimental testing location, it's so arid and dead looking. Now that I think of it Burro creek runs through there and I've read on hunting forums the terrain is pretty extreme. Haven't heard of Alto pit..

Not sure how often you get down in the valley to wheel but there's another FJ run planned through Elvis next weekend, June 16th. :thumb:

firecrew1

Man, I am sorry to hear about the back.. I am, because I've been there too so I know the dilemma you're in. I was in the sand dunes in '04 (buttercup) and hit a witches-eye at 12:30pm (never ride in the afternoon for this reason but this time I did), went right over a 25' drop. light fracture on two discs and herniated another. Fortunately Im able to ride and only have minor setbacks and only periodically. But that's why we have jeeps, right!?

Congress is cool, I've been there and also to watch the W.E. ROCK/DIRT RIOT Ultra 4 races in March. Bagdad, really.. Didn't think of that place as anything other than an alternate mars rover experimental testing location, it's so arid and dead looking. Now that I think of it Burro creek runs through there and I've read on hunting forums the terrain is pretty extreme. Haven't heard of Alto pit..

Not sure how often you get down in the valley to wheel but there's another FJ run planned through Elvis next weekend, June 16th. :thumb:

It's unfortunate but guess it goes along with doing these sports. you are correct thats why we have jeeps:cool: I may have to come down for that run, ill see what i have going on next weekend and see if i cant make it happen:cool:

Yes i know bagdad:shock: it really surprised me to find out that there were buggy type trails there, Alto has been closed to jeeps for a few years now, still open for bikes and quads though, its out Iron springs road in Prescott

Top Bottom