For those running the Evo bolt on coilover kit.

Ajkaz

Hey JYough & Okc_Jeepin,

If either of you have started the rear, I'm dying to get a pic of the hardware listing for the rear coilovers. It would be much appreciated.

Okc_Jeepin

I haven't yet had the time to do the install. Soon though!

Peacemaker- Do you think I would be fine installing the kit and waiting a little while before doing driveshafts? With no wheeling in between of course.

Okc_Jeepin

Alright, so the install day is on Saturday and right now i'm trying to figure out what all goes where. The hardware kits are killing me. A lot of the bolts/nuts aren't even mentioned in the installation instructions.

Can someone help me figure out what these are for? I have 6 total allen head bolts. 4 of which I know are for the coilover mounts and are threaded completely. Then there are these two allen head bolts, which are not threaded completely.
There are also 8 total 5/16ths bolts. 4 longer ones and 4 shorter ones. I assume that the shorter ones are for the bump stop extensions? What about the longer ones? There are also some left over 5/16 nuts and a ton of washers. Do they send extra with their kits?
(EDIT: This pertains to the rear kit. I haven't even looked through the front kit yet.)

50962668_2261506913879766_4870146528846544896_n.jpg

50480688_2261506857213105_2735511000634621952_n.jpg

Last edited:

Ajkaz

Thanks a ton for posting the hardware listing, very much appreciated! As soon as I can figure out what those are for, I'll definitely reply. The 2 longer allen head bolts aren't mentioned in the directions....

Don't worry, the front was very easy.

Ajkaz

What is everyone running for a front bump stop extension height? I'm using the King air bumps and with the C/O bottoming out being the limiting factor I'm at roughly 3.75" of bump stop extension and 2 threads showing above the King air bumps. Does that seem about average? This is on a PR44 which seems to have a lower pad than stock.

Thanks a ton for posting the hardware listing, very much appreciated! As soon as I can figure out what those are for, I'll definitely reply. The 2 longer allen head bolts aren't mentioned in the directions....

Don't worry, the front was very easy.

I had so many bolts, washers, etc leftover. But everything is still on the Jeep. I think they maybe just have bags for multiple kits/installs and some don’t get used depending what you’re doing. At least I hope this is the case.

I think I remember having the two longer allen head bolts leftover and spacers... that I attempted to put into the top mount for the rear but just was no way it was gonna happen. There was a part about assembling the top with spacers but I think since they were EVO spec this was already done...

I spent a lot of time digging thru EVOs Instagram looking at pictures and some other install write ups and just matched everything best I could.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

KevinG

Caught the Bug
What is everyone running for a front bump stop extension height? I'm using the King air bumps and with the C/O bottoming out being the limiting factor I'm at roughly 3.75" of bump stop extension and 2 threads showing above the King air bumps. Does that seem about average? This is on a PR44 which seems to have a lower pad than stock.

I am getting ready to do this install myself. Did long arms earlier this month. I also have a PR44. If memory serves, the bumpstop pad comes with a small spacer (maybe 3/4 inch or something like that. I believe it's something to do with difference in the TJ to JK bumpstop height.

Edit: This is from the FAQ for the PR44. I was way off with the 3/4 inch spacer. It's .880. Pasted below...

The JK ProRock 44 housing shares a common coil seat with the TJ axle assemblies. From the
factory, the JK bump stop target on the axle is taller than the one on the TJ axle. The Dynatrac bump
stop target needs a 0.880” spacer to make up the difference and bring the bump stop target location
back to stock. If you have a lift kit which includes a bump stop spacer you will need to stack both of
the spacers up in series in order to establish the correct bump stop position.
I'm not sure if it's okay to post this here. If I did something wrong I apologize...

https://www.dynatrac.com/downloads/ProRock FAQ_revK.pdf

Last edited:
Top Bottom