Freeway Ridge March 19th

mcgee149

i dont think its closed. i was up there a week or two before the rain and you could have take a honda civic over.:beer:

RockyJk

i dont think its closed. i was up there a week or two before the rain and you could have take a honda civic over.:beer:

Me and Piginajeep went about 2 weeks ago and it was closed like a mile or 2 before hitting the 155...

Woody3

Did you take it all the way through?

I guess worst case scenario we would have to double back. More time on the trail :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShinDiggity

Ok JKRay knows a way from freeway ridge to black gulch that dumps us off near keysville. I'll ask him about it. Otherwise we can double back or take rancheria back to Bakersfield for a scenic "overland" type drive.

Serg5000

I read this thread and have some questions. Are you guys saying this is an easy trail? Something. Stock jeep can do?

Reason I ask is I have read on other forums that this trail is rated most difficult. That this trail is almost to narrow for some rigs to pass through. If I miss read, please let me know. Last thing you want is folks thinking it's going to be a walk in the park when in fact it may not be.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Does anyone know if there is a back way into keysville? I think rancheria is closed until April so we would need to run the trail backwards or find a different route to Kernville.

It's closed for sure, I would take ranchero to freeway and run the trail down to the 178.

It's a little more hairy going down hill. The only part to be concerned with his the rock ledge at end (which is the first rock ledge)

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I read this thread and have some questions. Are you guys saying this is an easy trail? Something. Stock jeep can do?

Reason I ask is I have read on other forums that this trail is rated most difficult. That this trail is almost to narrow for some rigs to pass through. If I miss read, please let me know. Last thing you want is folks thinking it's going to be a walk in the park when in fact it may not be.

It's not difficult. Maybe in. Stock TJ. But not a JK

Serg5000

Not sure being scared has anything to do with having the proper information to share with others. However, I will keep that in mind.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Not sure being scared has anything to do with having the proper information to share with others. However, I will keep that in mind.

I think you mis read my statement. The trail is not narrow. It would be in one spot if you go around the rocks and not over them.

I was just on the trail two weeks ago. Everyone is trying to go around the first ledge. It's causing corrosion of the trail at that section. If they would pick the right line it's easier to go up the rocks than around .

Serg5000

I think you mis read my statement. The trail is not narrow. It would be in one spot if you go around the rocks and not over them.

I was just on the trail two weeks ago. Everyone is trying to go around the first ledge. It's causing corrosion of the trail at that section. If they would pick the right line it's easier to go up the rocks than around .

Thanks for clarifying your statement. I did miss read it. Now I understand.

Not sure why you would go around rocks. Isn't that why we build these rigs?

rubicrawl

I might have to work Tuesday night but as it gets closer I will know for sure if it's a go for me keeping you guys updated hope I can make it

Top Bottom