From MYTH to LEGEND : The EVOlution of our Jeep Gladiator

Noble Woodsman

Are you going to stay with the ARB lockers or try the Eatons on the UD60? Talking with Dynatrac yesterday, they said they are seeing more Eatons than ARBs being sold in the PR60 axles recently.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here’s an interesting detail on the Gladiator that some of you might find interesting. Looks like someone at Jeep finally figured out that it might help to install shaft collars on the sway bar.
final.jpg

final.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Here’s an interesting detail on the Gladiator that some of you might find interesting. Looks like someone at Jeep finally figured out that it might help to install shaft collars on the sway bar.
View attachment 334810 ]

Isn't it funny that the factory uses such a massive motor assembly on the sway bar disco to push a little bitty rod over about a half inch and the EVO solution is a fraction of the size? :thinking:

406c8968f52b4ca6abcefb360d9a5b0c.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What gears did you go with?

Sent from my GM1917 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great question. If there is a down side that I can point out right away on the UD60, it’s that they only come with a 4.88 or 5.38. Of course, if it were available, I might have gone 5.13. That being said, I may actually give 4.88 a try and re-gear later if needed. With the all new 8-speed auto being as awesome as it is, the taller gear might be nice.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you going to stay with the ARB lockers or try the Eatons on the UD60? Talking with Dynatrac yesterday, they said they are seeing more Eatons than ARBs being sold in the PR60 axles recently.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Well, we’ve always run ARB and haven’t been too fond of e-lockers but... we may give them a try this time around. Just to stick with the theme of doing things differently [emoji41]

Top Bottom