Front Bumper advice

cramey74

I'm getting ready to order a front bumper and winch. I think I want a mid width with some type of bull bar. The winch will be a Warn M-8000s. Tell me what you think is the best bumper and why. I would like to use the fog lights if possible. Any advice is greatly appreciated and if you have pics, that would be great.

Thanks,

Chris R

Last edited:
I couldnt be happier with my new one. Crawler conceptz ultra series. Has every thing you want, and can be purchased with bar or stinger. Check out my build thread for pics

hlax2525

Earlier this week Brown Santa delivered my LOD Signature Series Shorty w/ the bull bar. I liked how it looked, with a recessed winch plate, and that it required no cutting of anything. So far i love how it looks (in the crate in the garage), but I haven't installed it yet, I'm still waiting for some other items for the bumper, such as my m-8000 and some led cubes. It wasn't too expensive either.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
There are a lot of choices when it comes to bumpers. I spent the better part of a year researching and finding a bumper that met my criteria. Although I am not running a mid width, I knew what features and look I wanted out of a bumper. For what its worth, if I were going with a mid width, these would be my top choices in order...
1. Full Metal Fabworks Apex Pinnacle Mid width. (This is the mid width version of the bumper I currently run)
(Tie)
1. LOD Armor Lite mid width
2. Poison Spider JK Brawler Mid
3. Hanson medium width fenderbar bumper

Again, this is a very biased list as these all met the criteria I was looking for, which was American Made, retain factory fogs or sunken/flush mount fogs, at least mid height winch bar up to full stinger, sunken to partially sunken winch mount (although PSC and Hanson are only very slightly sunken).

Hope this helps in some way and good luck in your search!

cramey74

That Crawler Conceptz bumper looks very interesting. Looks real quality to me, especially at the price point. Keep the ideas going though..

cramey74

I couldnt be happier with my new one. Crawler conceptz ultra series. Has every thing you want, and can be purchased with bar or stinger. Check out my build thread for pics

I appreciate the lead on Crawler Conceptz. I ordered one of their mid-width ultra series bumpers with bar and tabs. I also went ahead and purchased a skid for it. I am lucky to have an awesome powder coating facility within 3 miles of my house. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I appreciate the lead on Crawler Conceptz. I ordered one of their mid-width ultra series bumpers with bar and tabs. I also went ahead and purchased a skid for it. I am lucky to have an awesome powder coating facility within 3 miles of my house. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Awesome. Ill be watching for pictures...

JCDriller

I really like my Full Metal Fabworks. Smaller company so you don't see a bunch of them, but they really are top notch!

More recent photo with 4" LEDs mounted.

MBezner

I have a JCR mid width front bumper. With a lower skid plate. When I bought my jeep it didn't have the factory fogs so I'm working on buying a set. Other than that I like the way it looks. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450616913.642855.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450616960.999992.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Gotta throw another vote in there for the FMF bumper.
Gotta be upfront though - you have to relocate the vacuum pump like some others out there, and you have to trim the horns on the frame ends slightly. If you add their skid under the bumper you have to trim the bottom of the frame there as well.

bump3.jpg

7D_10911.jpg

Last edited:

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I've got the mid width ShrockWorks bumper. Great design, functionality and very strong. No need to grind our modify the front end aside from drilling a single 1/2" mounting hole for a bolt to go through. The skid plate under the bumper is just as strong and has taken a beating to without looking like it. Just needed some touch up paint.

Here's non-off-roading picture of me using the bumper and the winch!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450619184.802143.jpg

The only down side to the ShrockWorks bumper (and most of their products) is that it takes forever to get them (9 months from when I placed the order). They are made here (Texas) which USA components and manufacturers steel. Customer service is good aside from their unrealistic ship dates (which slipped for me each time I asked) but they stood by their products and shipped a replacement component I needed for my rear tire carrier without question and on their dime. Overall I've been very happy with them. Just know it takes time to get their products.

-Matt

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I really like my Full Metal Fabworks. Smaller company so you don't see a bunch of them, but they really are top notch!

More recent photo with 4" LEDs mounted.

Mind sharing how you mounted that front license plate like that? Ill have to run a front plate when I move to Hawaii here in a few months and am trying to figure out a solution. Most of the winch fairlead plate mounts look fugly IMO. Yours looks clean and discreet! looks great! :thumb:

Top Bottom