Front Bumper advice

I've got the mid width ShrockWorks bumper. Great design, functionality and very strong. No need to grind our modify the front end aside from drilling a single 1/2" mounting hole for a bolt to go through. The skid plate under the bumper is just as strong and has taken a beating to without looking like it. Just needed some touch up paint.

Here's non-off-roading picture of me using the bumper and the winch!

View attachment 178746

The only down side to the ShrockWorks bumper (and most of their products) is that it takes forever to get them (9 months from when I placed the order). They are made here (Texas) which USA components and manufacturers steel. Customer service is good aside from their unrealistic ship dates (which slipped for me each time I asked) but they stood by their products and shipped a replacement component I needed for my rear tire carrier without question and on their dime. Overall I've been very happy with them. Just know it takes time to get their products.

-Matt

I had a Shrockworks Front bumper on my Xterra, I loved it and didn't experience any slip when it came to production. But it did take several months. Outside of the long wait its an amazing product.

Another one with JCR crusader mid width. Seems to have everything you're looking for. One thing I like about it: only 65 pounds. So if you're not planning on doing a suspension upgrade you don't have to worry about it pulling your front way down. Some of the other bumpers are over 100 pounds. I have a Warn Zeon 10s on it that I finished installing last night. Will try to post pics on my build thread in the next couple days.

Gotta throw another vote in there for the FMF bumper.
Gotta be upfront though - you have to relocate the vacuum pump like some others out there, and you have to trim the horns on the frame ends slightly. If you add their skid under the bumper you have to trim the bottom of the frame there as well.

View attachment 178744

View attachment 178742

Interesting. I just read this. I never had to trim any of the frame horns or anything. All I had to do was relocate the vacuum pump and trim the pump mount very little. After that it bolted right up. Did they change the design?

Interesting. I just read this. I never had to trim any of the frame horns or anything. All I had to do was relocate the vacuum pump and trim the pump mount very little. After that it bolted right up. Did they change the design?

Clarification; the only reason you'd have to trim the end of the horn is if you are mounting a Zeon winch. I did have to trim the bottom of both sides of the frame to mount the skid though.

Clarification; the only reason you'd have to trim the end of the horn is if you are mounting a Zeon winch. I did have to trim the bottom of both sides of the frame to mount the skid though.

Ah, understood. I thought maybe they changed the design from the early ones like I got. Good info to know though, as I am currently shopping for a winch! Thanks.

It's not really all that much you have to trim. Don't let it influence you on whether or not to get the Zeon. It sits in there really nice and its very clean looking. I did get the hawse fairlead from FMF. The Warn version that came with the winch has a little crown that sticks above the top of the bumper. Kinda bugged me.

winch a.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Here is the Crawler Conceptz ultra series mid-width after powder coat. I'll take some pics of it mounted also. I really like this bumper and it is built very well.

Gotta throw another vote in there for the FMF bumper.
Gotta be upfront though - you have to relocate the vacuum pump like some others out there, and you have to trim the horns on the frame ends slightly. If you add their skid under the bumper you have to trim the bottom of the frame there as well.

View attachment 178744

View attachment 178742

I'm in the market for a front bumper, too. I'm down to deciding between the FMF and the Artec NightHawk. Does anyone have experience with the Artec?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456974449.524724.jpg

Top Bottom