Front Dana Ultimate 44 on a 2013 Unlimited

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just can't see spending that much money on the UD, when you can get a ProRock axle for a little more. It the UD was a more comparable axle, that's a different story, but if you're already spending 2500-3000 for an upgrade, why not save a little more. I really did look into these, and just didn't see the UD44 being that much stronger than the 30 for what you pay for.

Couldn't agree with you more. Again, the UD44 still comes with 2.5" diameter Dana 30 axle tubes and end forgings and a factory e-locker that we've all seen break time and time again. Makes no sense to me but hey, to each their own.

Keithyellowjk

Couldn't agree with you more. Again, the UD44 still comes with 2.5" diameter Dana 30 axle tubes and end forgings and a factory e-locker that we've all seen break time and time again. Makes no sense to me but hey, to each their own.

Dang it! [emoji15]How do I explain this to my wife that I just spent 3,800 and I didn't fix anything? I really wish I would have read this forum before making the plunge to buy the UD44. I hope this won't come back to bite me or I will be sleeping in my Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mtb275

I just can't see spending that much money on the UD, when you can get a ProRock axle for a little more. It the UD was a more comparable axle, that's a different story, but if you're already spending 2500-3000 for an upgrade, why not save a little more. I really did look into these, and just didn't see the UD44 being that much stronger than the 30 for what you pay for.

I can't see spending that much when he could of bought my 2016 Rubicon axles that only have 7,500 miles on them. Brake to Brake, front and rear, then he'd have lockers front and rear.[emoji1]

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Glad to know the ud44 isn't worth it. Was about to buy a housing for $900 and start building it.

JeepJeep75

So then, what's "Ultimate" about it then? I'm trying to understand the appeal this axle has to some. Is this cheaper than the OEM Front axle?

kyle521

So then, what's "Ultimate" about it then? I'm trying to understand the appeal this axle has to some. Is this cheaper than the OEM Front axle?

The basic appeal right now that I can see is you can get it for around $2800 with gears of your choice verse buying a new crate rubicon axle for around $2100-2300 and having to pay for new gears and install. You also get chromoly axle shafts.

Last edited:

JKsurfer

Pretty much the only reason why I bought it, wasn't aware of the key differences vs. the prorock

The basic appeal right now that I can see is you can get it for around $2800 with gears of your choice verse buying a new crate rubicon axle for around $2100-2300 and having to pay for new gears and install.

10abadilla/jk

Dang it! [emoji15]How do I explain this to my wife that I just spent 3,800 and I didn't fix anything? I really wish I would have read this forum before making the plunge to buy the UD44. I hope this won't come back to bite me or I will be sleeping in my Jeep.

Throw some gussets on and you should be ok. Still know your rigs limits though.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

Not only what has been posted already, but I think the most appealing thing about this is that it's a 44 for someone who wants to upgrade the 30. You add the word 'ultimate' in front of the '44' and you've got something you can advertise.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

You do get slightly thicker tubes but the diameter is still only 2.5" just like a Dana 30 and you do get beefier control arm and track bar mounts but if you ask me, that's how ALL their axles should come. Aside from that, NOTHING about them is "ultimate".

Not only what has been posted already, but I think the most appealing thing about this is that it's a 44 for someone who wants to upgrade the 30. You add the word 'ultimate' in front of the '44' and you've got something you can advertise.

This ^^^^

Top Bottom