Front/Rear DTD Question

BoogieMan

Is the EVO Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Kit the only suspension system compatible with the front/rear DTD setup? Or can I use the Rock Krawler long arm kit?

Because my original plan was to use the Rock Krawler long arm kit. No one from ORE has given me a straight answer.

Thanks

Is the EVO Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Kit the only suspension system compatible with the front/rear DTD setup? Or can I use the Rock Krawler long arm kit?

Because my original plan was to use the Rock Krawler long arm kit. No one from ORE has given me a straight answer.

Thanks

I think all that flex you will get will tear up the bushings on the Rock Krawler arms. You need to get Johnny Joints.

:thumb::beer:

I'd have to agree with JKZinger here. You could run the DTD with the Rock Krawler kit but, you'll end up tearing up their joints especially being that one end just uses polyurethane bushings.

Being in the middle of installing mine, you can't actually picture all the flex this thing does until you see it. With flex joints at both end I will agree it would def tear it up. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371265495.740096.jpg

So, what system offers the Johnny Joints? Or is it something I need to get and install onto or modify the rock krawler joints?

Is the Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade Kit an upgrade kit for the Double D Bolt?

Sorry for the noob questions, but Im trying my best to understand the difference between the two.

Last edited:
No, two different long arm upgrade kits.

They are both long arm upgrades (brackets and all 8 long arms)

The bolt on double d (none high clearance rear brackets) kit can be used on coils and shocks or coilovers

The high clearance long arm kit must be used with coilovers like the DTD system.

Both kits use Johnny joints in both ends, they both use the same arms. The only difference between the two is the rear brackets. The high clearance is not suggested for the first time home installer. It's a complete weld on kit.

If by chance you buy the double d kit then decide you want the high clearance. You can buy the brackets and swap it out.

No, two different long arm upgrade kits.

They are both long arm upgrades (brackets and all 8 long arms)

The bolt on double d (none high clearance rear brackets) kit can be used on coils and shocks or coilovers

The high clearance long arm kit must be used with coilovers like the DTD system.

Both kits use Johnny joints in both ends, they both use the same arms. The only difference between the two is the rear brackets. The high clearance is not suggested for the first time home installer. It's a complete weld on kit.

If by chance you buy the double d kit then decide you want the high clearance. You can buy the brackets and swap it out.

Does the high clearance kit come with EVO MFG Drag Link Flip Kit and Steering Upgrade or do I have to buy those items separately?

Will I need the rear brackets for the High Clearance or does EVOLever take care of the job rear brackets suppose to do?

I can just go with the High Clearance w/ DTD and call it a day?

Last edited:
To get full advantage of the rear EVO Lever, yes you need to go with the ultra high clearance set up for your control arms. Here is the best shot of mine that I can find, maybe Wayoflife or Chris@ORE has a better photo. (yes, the billet Envy links are an upgrade option, but probably not offered anymore)

Attachments

• image-4072335146.jpg
    image-4072335146.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 168
Thanks for the image. I was told that they are out of stock and they aluminum versions of Envy links. That Im not really worried about. I just want to make sure what I need to get before I invest several thousand dollars in a product(s).

Thanks for the image. I was told that they are out of stock and they aluminum versions of Envy links. That Im not really worried about. I just want to make sure what I need to get before I invest several thousand dollars in a product(s).

It really is worth the extra little coin for the high clearance set up. You will regret not getting the upgrade, you can never achieve this kind of articulation with rubber/clevite/poly bushings without destroying them yearly.

Attachments

• image-2772339353.jpg
    image-2772339353.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 163
Are you still talking about Envy links upgrade or something else?

Nope, Envy Links are just really pretty control arm, jewelry for your jeep. On a side note; If I had to do it over, and since they were not available when I did my build, I would have gone with the EVO Monster links instead. The flex demonstrated in my photo is the result of the EVO Lever and EVO ultra high clearance brackets. Any control arm used will basically work, but if the joints at each end of your control arm use bushings made from rubber, polyurethane, etc., they will get destroyed from all the binding as a result of having to control this much articulation. The EVO control arms will use Johnny Joints, which are greasable and can be rebuilt after years of hard use. Does this answer the questions???? :thumb:

Last edited:
No, I really didn't asked that question. Plus a few people told me that already in the beginning of the thread. But thanks for your input anyway. Im still waiting for Chris to answer my last two questions from last night.

But where can I find these EVO Monster links? Or EVO doesn't make these items anymore?

Last edited:
Does the high clearance kit come with EVO MFG Drag Link Flip Kit and Steering Upgrade or do I have to buy those items separately?

The Extreme high clearance long arm upgrade kit is only for control arms and mounting bracketry, which is part of the lift kit. The EVO Drag link flip kit and high steer upgrade both upgrade your "steering" and have nothing to do with the lift kit. They are added to correct geometry that the lift kit changes in the steering set up. Without looking at my build sheet, I'm pretty sure these are not included and are an upgrade to any lift that EVO sells

Will I need the rear brackets for the High Clearance or does EVOLever take care of the job rear brackets suppose to do?

Again, these are both seperate systems; the Extreme high clearance upgrade is just that an upgrade for the EVO lever rear suspension.

I can just go with the High Clearance w/ DTD and call it a day?

The EVO Front Double Throw Down, EVO Lever Rear Double Throw Down and the EVO Extreme High Clearance Longarm Upgrade (all seperatley purchased items) will address the lift kit only. The high steer kit and drag link flip are always recommended UPGRADES when doing the DTD.

It's actually all on their website and pretty clear in what you get with each purchase.

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-LONGARM-UPGRADE

Boogiman, I watched the build on RubiCat which peaked my interest in the coilover kit. So being a noobie I went straight to the source, Eddie, to find out what was actually put on RuibCat. Here is what was installed on RubiCat.

RubiCat

http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...od=EVO.Bolt.On
http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...=EVO.Bolt.On.R
http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...O-DRAGLINKFLIP

Long arms are optional.
http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...EVO-DD-LONGARM

As far as if Rock Krawler suspensions will work I do not have the answer so I am watching this thread to find out.

Top Bottom