Front XD60 Order: Missing anything before placing order?

WJCO

Meme King
Right, want to decide the front gear ratio and have Dynatrac build the axle to that spec. They will setup the axle that'll ultimately drive what the rear becomes or stays. He just thought the the jump from 4.88 to 5.13 wasn't worth it.

5.38s it is then. :D

mastrcruse

If I remember correctly, if you go with 5.13's, you will have to go with a smaller ring gear. Since your wanting a supercharger, or preferably an LS, maybe 4.88 is the best for you. How long until you make engine upgrades? And is your rear 60 a full float?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
+

I'd say Supercharger is in my 6 month plan and, yes, the rear is a full float 60.

Turbotastic

I would go for 5.38s even with a supercharger or LS. Remember that going to 60s and 40s adds a considerable amount of weight. The 5.38s will help you lug that around. I have 5.38s (albeit with a 3.8 and 4AT) and on the highway in overdrive the rpms drop too low honestly.

dillard09

Sounds like a sweet setup. I know if it was me it would 5.38 all the way. Bit I have the 3.8.
Btw what is that estimated cost of that thing if you don't mind me asking. I will be looking to go to a front 60 someday in the near future and that thing is on the top of the list. Thanks and good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

mastrcruse

Sounds like a sweet setup. I know if it was me it would 5.38 all the way. Bit I have the 3.8.
Btw what is that estimated cost of that thing if you don't mind me asking. I will be looking to go to a front 60 someday in the near future and that thing is on the top of the list. Thanks and good luck!

Yeah, I think its tricky because the 5.13 seems to be the sweet spot for DDing and offroading but most run 5.38's so very little experience with 5.13 are out there. With that being said, i think the RPM differnce is like 120 rpm so we aren't talking much at all.

Price for the front is $9500. Explaining that to my wife is a battle lol.

dillard09

Yeah, I think its tricky because the 5.13 seems to be the sweet spot for DDing and offroading but most run 5.38's so very little experience with 5.13 are out there. With that being said, i think the RPM differnce is like 120 rpm so we aren't talking much at all.

Price for the front is $9500. Explaining that to my wife is a battle lol.
I agree. The benefits off-road with the 5.38 negates the 150rpms on the highway for me. I mean with the 3.8 and 5.38 and 37s I currently have I struggle up hill. I can only imagine what it's goo g to be like on 40s!
Thanks for the quote info.
Yes that struggle is real! My wife will flip too! Haha

mastrcruse

I agree. The benefits off-road with the 5.38 negates the 150rpms on the highway for me. I mean with the 3.8 and 5.38 and 37s I currently have I struggle up hill. I can only imagine what it's goo g to be like on 40s!
Thanks for the quote info.
Yes that struggle is real! My wife will flip too! Haha

I told her its either this or I buy a tow rig for $70k so shes a little more onboard..however..i still planning on getting a rig in 2 or so years.

dillard09

I told her its either this or I buy a tow rig for $70k so shes a little more onboard..however..i still planning on getting a rig in 2 or so years.
I would love a tow rig and a trailer but no room to park that in socal. So Betsy has to drive to and from and has to fit in the garage.

Basscat

I'm running the XD60 with a Pro Rock 80 rear, 40s and 5.38s. My 6.2 LS3 is matched up with a 6L80 and a 3.8 Atlas. At 70 mph my RPMs are 2,100 so it cruises great. I like one really low granny gear for nastier climbs and descents and this set up is perfect for me. Crawl ratios are about 82, 46, 30, 26, 17 and 13. Really works well both on road and off. If you're doing a lot of mountain or hilly driving I'd go 5.38. You could easily get away with 5.13 if lower elevation and flat ground. Like someone said if you go 5.13 the ring gear will be 9.25" instead of the 10". Not a big deal IMO on a front axle. All of this assumes you'll run 40s.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

mastrcruse

So we've got 5.38's

Now I need to figure if the thicker tubes are worth it. It's 99.00 so that's not a big deal but the weight increases. Weight vs. strength....I'm sure it's plenty strong already but $99

WJCO

Meme King
So we've got 5.38's

Now I need to figure if the thicker tubes are worth it. It's 99.00 so that's not a big deal but the weight increases. Weight vs. strength....I'm sure it's plenty strong already but $99

I would say do it. Doesn't hurt to have heavy axles on the ground.

Mizippi

I have hemi, xd60, 5.38s, atlas 4:1 and soon to be 40s. Power for days and is very very civil around town and on the highway. 5.38s for sure

The only problem I have with my XD60 is I can't go to EVOs high steer and PSC skid plate.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom