Fs / ft 2011 VW gti apr tuned NJ

JK LYF

Member since September 2014, limited (almost none) info on profile and first post. Thought this might be a joke but OP was very detailed in post. Probably lost,,,,

WJCO

Meme King
Now I see why he posted here....he's got an EVO tire carrier. (Genright, I was mistaken).

14837741424_c61eed7ba4_b.jpg

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Sorry guys, this guy just keeps PMing me photos. Makes more sense now.

14084262240_d3de42da76_c.jpg

Boy, you'd think I had better things to do on a Friday night...

WJCO

Meme King
Not sure which is worse. You not having better things to do on a Friday night, or me waiting around for ur next "pic" on a Friday night!

That's funny. I was going to throw a Warn winch on the front, but he didn't supply me with a front view of the car. :grayno:

WJCO

Meme King
U do have talent!

Thanks. I went back through this thread a few minutes ago and put myself in the OP's shoes while I was reading it. I literally cracked myself up thinking of what he's thinking if he sees this shit.

JK LYF

Thanks. I went back through this thread a few minutes ago and put myself in the OP's shoes while I was reading it. I literally cracked myself up thinking of what he's thinking if he sees this shit.

Ya, this one and the other thread u did!

WJCO

Meme King
Gentlemen. Let's focus here..... Does it have nav, and/or, are there any chips included in the deal?

I'm surprised no one has brought out the chips. They're probably all sold. Maybe the OP will throw some in. I'm really diggin the hi-lift on that thing though.

JKCRWLR

Good for you, (seriously, not sarcasm) and awesome you haven't had issues. I havent either - and I dont keep receipts for the 4-5 stations I use regularly, but I have a couple of friends that work or worked at BMW and Mini dealerships, and both made the recommendation to keep them. The have multiple stories about cheap or contaminated gas causing serious issues, and one person who kept receipts that got QT to pay for a new motor. They both said keeping more than a couple weeks or a month was enough (depending on gas usage), as no one would cover after a tank or two. Most gas companies dont advertise it, but they do guarantee their gas and will cover repairs traced back to them.

Do whatever floats your boat, or per the recommendation of people you trust, not a dude on the internet. Just saying its not unheard of.

Flame suit on and 911 on hot standby for the flame throwing.

I don't think holding on to gas receipts will get you jack squat. If I were to subscribe to the theory that I could go to a gas station and tell them my engine blew because of their gasoline and I have the receipt to prove it, then I will go and get a new engine after every tank full, or at least until I've ran out of gas stations.
All that a receipt shows is that you bought "X" amount of gallons of said octane of fuel and the price you paid. Doesn't prove you didn't pour some additive/water/Gatorade/bleach or anything else into your tank to prematurely destroy your engine.
Quite frankly your car is a POS if it cannot handle one tank full of questionable fuel and you must be going to a station that NO ONE ever goes to. Typically a station will go through 10,000 gallons of 87 octane fuel every one to two weeks and probably 91 octane in about a month. If you are the ONLY one coming to them crying that your car's engine took a crap after you used their gas, I can guarantee they will laugh their ass off at you and tell you that they will see you in court.

Sorry to go on a rant but this kind of disinformation is what starts a long legacy of BS spread around the world and it always comes down to someone saying "a friend of mine, a guy I know, I read online, etc."

No offense el_chupo and I know you're not standing behind the statement that gas stations will replace your engine so please don't take offense but I wave the BS flag on this one. :flag_bs:

WJCO

Meme King

I don't think holding on to gas receipts will get you jack squat. If I were to subscribe to the theory that I could go to a gas station and tell them my engine blew because of their gasoline and I have the receipt to prove it, then I will go and get a new engine after every tank full, or at least until I've ran out of gas stations.
All that a receipt shows is that you bought "X" amount of gallons of said octane of fuel and the price you paid. Doesn't prove you didn't pour some additive/water/Gatorade/bleach or anything else into your tank to prematurely destroy your engine.
Quite frankly your car is a POS if it cannot handle one tank full of questionable fuel and you must be going to a station that NO ONE ever goes to. Typically a station will go through 10,000 gallons of 87 octane fuel every one to two weeks and probably 91 octane in about a month. If you are the ONLY one coming to them crying that your car's engine took a crap after you used their gas, I can guarantee they will laugh their ass off at you and tell you that they will see you in court.

Sorry to go on a rant but this kind of disinformation is what starts a long legacy of BS spread around the world and it always comes down to someone saying "a friend of mine, a guy I know, I read online, etc."

No offense el_chupo and I know you're not standing behind the statement that gas stations will replace your engine so please don't take offense but I wave the BS flag on this one. :flag_bs:

You're probably right. I work in the warranty business, and any time contaminated fuel is suspected with a motor failure, a fuel sample is taken and sent to a lab. The results are pretty cut and dry if it is contaminated or not, but I never get to see what happens in court. Like you said, it would be near impossible to track down the time/date/who/what/when/where, etc. I would imagine a paper trail would be better than nothing though. I don't keep gas receipts myself though.

el_chupo_

Now I see why he posted here....he's got an EVO tire carrier.

View attachment 173593

Well done, good sir! Who would have thought it would look so good?

No worries on my end. Ill actually see him tomorrow, if I remember I will ask for details. IIRC, the person only used one station near them, and after things went boom, it was traced back to fuel. The mfg refused warranty, but gas station covered repair, person had all receipts.

As you (or anyone online) knows, there is a lot of misinformation. As you noted, I am not saying it will get you a new engine. Simply that an ASE/BMW master tech relayed an instance when we were talking after I was hanging out while he cleaned metal shavings out of an E60 M5 oil pan, and discussing that gentleman options. (NOT the car related to fuel). No doubt that he had a bad day.
C041B716-D19A-4F54-8095-80F27C4E2447_zpsnutat181.jpg

Top Bottom