FULL DISCLOSURE : YES - I do get "FREE" Stuff...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And just in case there's any doubt, OF COURSE we get free stuff from EVO. Mel and Lisa are good friends of ours, ones that we've know for almost 2 decades and ones that we've been though thick and thin together with. HOWEVER, I can assure you that we wouldn't run their stuff IF we didn't think it was truly the BEST that money can buy.

As far as companies like Cooper goes, I've BOUGHT plenty of tires from them and once they caught wind of us running their stuff, yes, they did start offering us tires for free. I could still get free tires from them if I wanted but being that they're now owned by Goodyear, I'm no longer interested.

Nitto is a company that we've bought tires from and gotten tires for free in the past. Most of those came from us being a part of the JKX as back then, ALL attendees got tires. As much as I would like more free tires from them, I'm not holding my breath being that there's such a shortage of them.

Same is true of KMC. I have gotten free wheels from them and I have bought plenty from them as well. Granted, I have been able to get friends and family discounts but that is not the same as free.

King... I can't say that I've ever gotten anything for free from them other than a T-shirt. :rolleyes:

If working at a job that serves customers in any way has taught me one thing, it's that the majority of people fucking suck! Don't think they'd have their panties in a pinch if they were receiving free stuff, especially if it was from their GOOD FRIENDS, who they probably wouldn't have anyway, no matter if they earned it or not. Do I get free Jeep stuff? No. Do I want free Jeep stuff? Hell yes! But first I'd have to make a reputable name for myself such as Eddie and Cindy have, so I'm not going to give them shit since I am not a jealous little pussy that is afraid to get his hands dirty to get where he wants to be, getting free Jeep stuff of course... LOL!

On a side note, which bikini brand you working with now Eddie? Tittybilt? 🤣

Robar

The Enforcer
One of the things about Wayalife that I appreciate is the honest reviews. One might say that the item or product is free but the reviews and advertising far pay for themselves in sales for that company. If no one watched your videos or accepted your opinion as credible I'm sure the free stuff would stop. Thank you for the reviews and to getting all the free stuff you have worked for.

CalSgt

Hooked
So my favorite thing about how you guys discuss products on this forum is this:

On multiple occasions I have witnessed you tell people outright "That's more than what you need for what you want to use your jeep for," "there's nothing wrong with the stock part, run it." Many of these were regarding companies that sponsor the forum and or seem to have your stamp of approval. Instead of pimping staff people dont need, you are honest about budget friendly options... Not everyone needs a DTD & Evolever

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Just because this is a forum doesn’t mean it’s not a business or a business opportunity. My guess is that many that start a forum born out of the love of a hobby would love to see it flourish into something bigger. As far as I’m concerned it’s your right to do whatever the hell you want with your business and others have the right to judge, though those who have an issue with you getting “free stuff” from time to time would be wrong. At least you have the integrity to call it like you see it instead of pandering to companies or their fans, and I appreciate that.

kevman65

Hooked
I am SO disenchanted. I thought you were pure and chaste and above "freebies".

We REALLY need a sarcasm font.

Freebies for evaluations are pretty much standard in many areas.
I was QC Manager/ CWI for a refinery turn-a-round a few years ago, a factory Rep was in trying to GIVE an ESAB automatic hood away for an honest review/evaluation, none of the welders would bite on it. I said HELL YES, almost a $400 hood for free, sign me up. During slack times I would set up weld coupons and do SMAW, GTAW, and GMAW and change the filter shade (one button, single push, WITH welding gloves on) and see how each process affected the visible viewing area.

Nothing wrong with freebies, as long as you don't make your living on them and lying.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If working at a job that serves customers in any way has taught me one thing, it's that the majority of people fucking suck! Don't think they'd have their panties in a pinch if they were receiving free stuff, especially if it was from their GOOD FRIENDS, who they probably wouldn't have anyway, no matter if they earned it or not. Do I get free Jeep stuff? No. Do I want free Jeep stuff? Hell yes! But first I'd have to make a reputable name for myself such as Eddie and Cindy have, so I'm not going to give them shit since I am not a jealous little pussy that is afraid to get his hands dirty to get where he wants to be, getting free Jeep stuff of course... LOL!

On a side note, which bikini brand you working with now Eddie? Tittybilt? 🤣
None yet but now that you mention it, I'll see if Victoria Secret has a line o_O

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
One of the things about Wayalife that I appreciate is the honest reviews. One might say that the item or product is free but the reviews and advertising far pay for themselves in sales for that company. If no one watched your videos or accepted your opinion as credible I'm sure the free stuff would stop. Thank you for the reviews and to getting all the free stuff you have worked for.
Thank you my friend. You're one of the few people who've been around long enough to see it all and you're still here. Really do appreciate it 😊

jeeeep

Hooked
one thing I've noticed over the years is you've never changed your position on the quality of something for the sake of "free".
I recall numerous times where you have even stated that what you run isn't for everyone and even with JetLi, you tested different phases of lifts and offered honest opinions on each phase.

I've also noticed the rapid rise of 1st time jeep owners (especially with the JL) that start channels and will do anything to get views and then pimp a product no matter how shitty is it as the best and all their viewers should buy it...until they get another vendor to offer of the same thing then it's the new better thing. many of them are nothing more than the latest free thing they received infomercial and not worth a shit... meanwhile naive jeep owners have followed the shit addon bandwagon and wasted their money. I could go on but it pisses me off and kinda turns me off of Jeeping...

I appreciate your honesty and you always back it up with proof or with explanation of why you prefer certain parts over others, integrity still means something (y)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So my favorite thing about how you guys discuss products on this forum is this:

On multiple occasions I have witnessed you tell people outright "That's more than what you need for what you want to use your jeep for," "there's nothing wrong with the stock part, run it." Many of these were regarding companies that sponsor the forum and or seem to have your stamp of approval. Instead of pimping staff people dont need, you are honest about budget friendly options... Not everyone needs a DTD & Evolever
That's just the thing though, why would I care what others put on their Jeep. If people ask for my opinion, I'll give it to them as straight as I can. In spite of what some choose to believe, I remember all too well what it was like to shop for used tires and budget boosts in the Pennysaver or Recycler.

WJCO

Meme King
one thing I've noticed over the years is you've never changed your position on the quality of something for the sake of "free".
I recall numerous times where you have even stated that what you run isn't for everyone and even with JetLi, you tested different phases of lifts and offered honest opinions on each phase.

I've also noticed the rapid rise of 1st time jeep owners (especially with the JL) that start channels and will do anything to get views and then pimp a product no matter how shitty is it as the best and all their viewers should buy it...until they get another vendor to offer of the same thing then it's the new better thing. many of them are nothing more than the latest free thing they received infomercial and not worth a shit... meanwhile naive jeep owners have followed the shit addon bandwagon and wasted their money. I could go on but it pisses me off and kinda turns me off of Jeeping...

I appreciate your honesty and you always back it up with proof or with explanation of why you prefer certain parts over others, integrity still means something (y)
Fucking nailed it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just because this is a forum doesn’t mean it’s not a business or a business opportunity. My guess is that many that start a forum born out of the love of a hobby would love to see it flourish into something bigger. As far as I’m concerned it’s your right to do whatever the hell you want with your business and others have the right to judge, though those who have an issue with you getting “free stuff” from time to time would be wrong. At least you have the integrity to call it like you see it instead of pandering to companies or their fans, and I appreciate that.
I appreciate it and your support.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am SO disenchanted. I thought you were pure and chaste and above "freebies".

We REALLY need a sarcasm font.

Freebies for evaluations are pretty much standard in many areas.
I was QC Manager/ CWI for a refinery turn-a-round a few years ago, a factory Rep was in trying to GIVE an ESAB automatic hood away for an honest review/evaluation, none of the welders would bite on it. I said HELL YES, almost a $400 hood for free, sign me up. During slack times I would set up weld coupons and do SMAW, GTAW, and GMAW and change the filter shade (one button, single push, WITH welding gloves on) and see how each process affected the visible viewing area.

Nothing wrong with freebies, as long as you don't make your living on them and lying.
I'm sure there are people who do it but for the life of me, I wouldn't know how to make a living getting free Jeep parts. o_O

Top Bottom