Funny or Strange Jeep Compliments

jeff_in_rc

Hahahaha that would be pretty funny to watch them freak out.

Through out the years I've ignored them, but the are getting increasingly paranoid and more confrontational.

I say put the reflector on your antenna pointed at them and sit in the jeep and talk away on your CB the entire time all the while looking over at them and waving your hands like your really excited about whatever your talking about. Then jump out, take a few pics and run for the house!

ssgp2

I say put the reflector on your antenna pointed at them and sit in the jeep and talk away on your CB the entire time all the while looking over at them and waving your hands like your really excited about whatever your talking about. Then jump out, take a few pics and run for the house!

+ point at the sky yelling "drone!" and run inside the house....

mcgee149

i always get the " looks like you have fun in your jeep " never have but always wanted to say NO I hate going off road!

jeff_in_rc

Coming in to work the other morning with some mud all over the jeep the guard says "finally someone who knows how to get his jeep dirty! I'm sick of seeing all these garage queens!"
All I could do was laugh cause he's right, I see more garage queens than dirty jeeps here on base! And of course they look at you like you've got 3 heads when you wave at them!

Oh the horror! :eek:

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
Was sitting in restaurant Monday, when a gentle man in his 70's walked by looking at my JKU an said , cool name on that Jeep. The only names showing was my Wayalife
Banner on the windshield & The Warrior name on the hood. He never knew it was my Jeep.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I took this as a compliment. I parked next to an FJ the other day at the grocery store. As I was walking out I was behind a women walking towards them. She was checking out my Jeep. I want to say but didn't...jealous ain't ya.

longarmwj

Mine very often gets called other vehicles. Twice its happened by police officers! In fact I got out of a ticket once that way once, and the other time I got pulled out of my Jeep because the license plate was registered to my Jeep (obviously), but the cop thought it was a Land Cruiser

"Sir are you aware that I clocked you at 82 in a 65?"

"Oh sorry about that, guess I just wasn't paying attention to the speedo"

"Obviously, I am slightly impressed that you were able to get a Land Rover up to speeds like that however"

"What Land Rover sir?"

"The one you're in, have you been drinking?"

"This isn't a Land Rover this is a Jeep" *I point at steering wheel*

"Well excuse me sir, have a good day and drive safely"

I'll tell the story about being pulled out of my Jeep if y'all wish to hear it lol

longarmwj

You can't make a comment like that and then not tell the story!
True. So here goes.

I was maybe 10 minutes from my house and I noticed that a cop had been following me for the better part of ten minutes. I wen't to turn and he lit me up, so I pulled off to the side of the road. He came up to the window and asked if I knew why he pulled me over. Obviously I didn't so I said no, and he said that my tag was registered to a silver Grand Cherokee but it was mounted on a silver Land Cruiser :doh: So he asks me to step out of the vehicle and he's questioning me the whole time that he's waiting for backup to get there. So the other unit arrives and he starts questioning me. And the whole time I'm telling them that yes, it is in fact a Jeep. The backup unit goes "actually I think it might be one of those newish hummers, don't they have the spare tire on the backs?" To which the other one responded "No you must be thinking of an Pathfinder those have spare tires, just like Land Cruisers do". Finally I intervened and asked, "which manufacture makes the Grand Cherokee", to which they both replied with, "Jeep". So I told them to check what the badge on the doors said, then to check the steering wheel, and badge on the hood. I had to verify the VIN number for them to let me go. They thought that I had put Jeep badges and steering wheel in a Land Cruiser :cheesy:

Eatlessdirt

Our son has ridden doorless in the jeep since he was a little over a year old. When people see us on the highway they always stare. So we thought him to throw up the peace sign!!! Funny as hell to see a two year old in a open jeep with sunglasses on throwing up the duces!

Gonna teach my boy that one.

AlStew

I've had my Evo stinger for about 2 months now and it looks awesome.

I go to dinner with the girl I've been dating and she notices the stinger and says "why does your Jeep have braces now?"

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
For some odd reason i keep getting compliments (i guess you can call them compliments) that i have a pretty jeep. most of which have all been guys :cheesy:

Thunder

The morning after I bought my Jeep, on my way to work, was when I got my first compliment.
A cop was stopped next to me at a traffic signal and he motioned for me to roll down the window.
He asked me a few questions about it, said it was pretty cool, and to have fun with it!

Another time, while dropping my kids off at school one morning, I noticed a kindergarten or first grade aged kid eyeing it up as he walked past.
The next morning he stopped and said cool Jeep dude!

Top Bottom