Fusion 4x4 60/44 hybrid front and SF 60 Rear with Pro Grips and spare rear 60 shafts.

jdofmemi

It would’ve, but he has Ddays SF60 heading his way. If we can get a split to work, I’m good with that too.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Actually, I only have the front PR44

I think a different victim is getting the rear 60.

I'm worried now about my 44 rear since I have a chipped tooth, and just seen James with the broken pinion. Plus I have broken an axle shaft as well.

I had thought about upgrading the rear to the 35 spline ARB for the stronger axles, but am now wondering about the gears.

We are planning to do a crush sleeve eliminator, which I know has mixed reviews, but my prior experience suggests it helps to avoid deflection of the pinion under extreme load.

As far as yours, the only hitch would be to regear it to 5.13.

Now I'm just a little bit further down that rabbit hole again 🙄

Ddays

Hooked
It would’ve, but he has Ddays SF60 heading his way. If we can get a split to work, I’m good with that too.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Negative - he's getting the PR44 front - Cozdude has dibs on the SF60 rear. Sounds like we may have a deal in the works then. ;)

Edit - I'm a little slow....

Last edited:

jdofmemi

My bad.

Fusion 4x4 kingpin 60 front

Fusion 4x4 shaved 13 bolt rear

Monsters [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That, or something very close to it, is my end game, I just can't swing it right now since I have a house to rebuild at the same time.

Otherwise I would use my "yard sale" money on their package of axles and wheels.

I love the kingpin fronts. They can be a PITA to set initially, but will Outlast a dozen sets of ball joints. Have I mentioned before I hate ball joints?

wjtstudios

Hooked
That, or something very close to it, is my end game, I just can't swing it right now since I have a house to rebuild at the same time.

Otherwise I would use my "yard sale" money on their package of axles and wheels.

I love the kingpin fronts. They can be a PITA to set initially, but will Outlast a dozen sets of ball joints. Have I mentioned before I hate ball joints?

Dan did a great job setting up the kingpins for me.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

A.J.

Not hard at all. Fish scale is all you need to measure preload with the spring eliminators. Of course if you’re me and too lazy to pull everything apart down to the knuckle for that. 17ft lbs on the adjuster with a torque wrench is pretty damn close in a pinch.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Not hard at all. Fish scale is all you need to measure preload with the spring eliminators. Of course if you’re me and too lazy to pull everything apart down to the knuckle for that. 17ft lbs on the adjuster with a torque wrench is pretty damn close in a pinch.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I haven't done the Ford ones. On the Toyota solid axles, the preload AND the centering of the spindle to the axle was done with shims and a special tool to get the center aligned right. Then the fish scale to measure preload of the bearings, since they run tapered roller bearings, not brass sleeves.

It was not to complicated, but time consuming and more work than just pressing in ball joints, but worth it. The only time you needed to do the whole process was building a bare axle.

jdofmemi

So hypothetically speaking, if Jdofmemi bought the rear and I bought the front, they would technically be selling as a set.
[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

So, as long as we are just speaking hypothetically, what would be the split between the front and rear?

I'm having trouble in my mind trusting the 44 rear after some of the breaks I have seen recently

wjtstudios

Hooked
So hypothetically speaking, if Jdofmemi bought the rear and I bought the front, they would technically be selling as a set.
[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

So, as long as we are just speaking hypothetically, what would be the split between the front and rear?

I'm having trouble in my mind trusting the 44 rear after some of the breaks I have seen recently

It would really be up to you guys, but 4K & 3k? $4500 and $2500. Definitely more money up front and it comes with a Fusion Tie rod and Drag link.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

Bump. Anyone?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

You have my gears turning.

If you had posted these before Jerry, I would have bought the pair.
Now I'm debating buying the pair anyway, and figuring what to sell after they are all here.

Have I lost my mind? Maybe.

Top Bottom