G2 truss on d30

WJCO

Meme King
It's really going to suck if you get the 37s and then break the axle and don't have the funds to fix it. Also, going 37s without re-gearing will suck on the road. So if you decide to re-gear, that's more money and a smaller pinion gear, another potential break point. It's a snowball going down a hill.

EDIT: Eddie beat me to it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So 35s if a safer bet?

If you wheel as often as you say you do and as hard as you think you do, yes, I personally would run what your Jeep is currently capable of. I ran 35's on a Dana 30 for quite some time and it's a good setup. That being said, it kind of sounds like your axle is already jacked up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's really going to suck if you get the 37s and then break the axle and don't have the funds to fix it. Also, going 37s without re-gearing will suck on the road. So if you decide to re-gear, that's more money and a smaller pinion gear, another potential break point. It's a snowball going down a hill.

Yup, what he said ^^^^

Please note, we're just giving it to you straight.

10abadilla/jk

If you wheel as often as you say you do and as hard as you think you do, yes, I personally would run what your Jeep is currently capable of. I ran 35's on a Dana 30 for quite some time and it's a good setup. That being said, it kind of sounds like your axle is already jacked up.

That's what I figured. I'll have my buddy refill some of the plug welds. And just run it on 35s until I can anymore. Thank you again.

WJCO

Meme King
I just wanted to say thank you all so much for the info. I canceled my order on the truss.

Truthfully that's a good move. Be patient and enjoy the Jeep you have. Then when you have the money, do it once and do it right. Really reflect on the risk of 37 inch tires without the proper axle no matter how bad you want them.

10abadilla/jk

Truthfully that's a good move. Be patient and enjoy the Jeep you have. Then when you have the money, do it once and do it right. Really reflect on the risk of 37 inch tires without the proper axle no matter how bad you want them.

Thank you Yea 37s are going to have to wait. I'll go 35s for now.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
You're getting quality advice here. In my opinion you should think about the end result of where you're going with your jeep. Work towards that and ignore that salesman. A lot of us here have put a d30 through some stuff on 35s. My .02$

Last edited:

10abadilla/jk

You're getting quality advice here. In my opinion you should think about the end result of where you're going with you're jeep. Work towards that and ignore that salesman. A lot of us here have put a d30 through some stuff on 35s. My .02$

I agree. Quality and experienced advice. I do not take that for granted. I appreciate it. Time to keep adding to the pot and saving for the pr44.

Top Bottom