Gear ratio for 35s and 37s

mrmet1983

With a 3.8 yeah...with a 3.6 I would stick with 5.13's.

Decision made thanks guys , still curious what everyone is running ? This cud be a good reference point for others .

2013 JKUR 4" Enforcer lift w/ 35" fierce attitude MTs , RR modular front bump w/ warnvr8k

rtguy1

for reference...

2012 auto w 37's

i have 4.88's. works well for me. good middle point for highway speeds. my rpm's are higher than the charts show since a 37" tire is not really 37"....keep that in mind when refering to the charts. not sure i would mind 5.13 but 5.38 would be too much for me i'm sure

Sweet!!! Thanks a lot . i was just looking for some opinions cause without asking here I probably would have went with 456 and not been happy with that decision. Lots of threads about this but I could only find answers for a manual or people who had the 3.8L

2013 JKUR 4" Enforcer lift w/ 35" fierce attitude MTs , RR modular front bump w/ warnvr8k

I ran 5.13's on 35's and loved it personally. I could whip almost anyone off the line :cheesy: but freeway was a tad high on the rpm scale. Currently my wife runs 37's on 5.13's and loves it. We both have '13 with the 3.6 and autos.

mrmet1983

I ran 5.13's on 35's and loved it personally. I could whip almost anyone off the line :cheesy: but freeway was a tad high on the rpm scale. Currently my wife runs 37's on 5.13's and loves it. We both have '13 with the 3.6 and autos.

thank you so much wud love to know what rpms ur at when doing 75 on the highway

mrmet1983

hey eddie when using that chart for the tire size and gears is that the printed tire size or the actual size when measured with tape measurer

mrmet1983

I'm leaving towards 513s since they will work best when I jump to 37s

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
hey eddie when using that chart for the tire size and gears is that the printed tire size or the actual size when measured with tape measurer

Printed. The only time "actual" tire size matters is when calibrating your speedo. Printed is what is always referred to otherwise when discussing lift height, wheel size, gears, etc.

mrmet1983

What kind of gears do you guys like cuz I see high performance I see thick cut and also how do I know if I have reverse rotation or standard rotation ?

thank you so much wud love to know what rpms ur at when doing 75 on the highway

On 35's I think it was around 3200-3400 at 75. On 37's it is 2800-3200 (sorry was looking over wife's shoulder from passenger seat and kept getting distracted by other things :cheesy:). She loves 5.13's with her 37's!

mrmet1983

On 35's I think it was around 3200-3400 at 75. On 37's it is 2800-3200 (sorry was looking over wife's shoulder from passenger seat and kept getting distracted by other things :cheesy:). She loves 5.13's with her 37's!

Haha those things have been causing accidents for years now lol and thank you that's pretty much what I'm looking for.

B-rab

I'm a automatic @ 373 gears on 35's but most of the time on the highway I drive it in "bump" because the gearshift is a little off I've noticed and sometimes sticks unless I let off the gas.

mrmet1983

I'm a automatic @ 373 gears on 35's but most of the time on the highway I drive it in "bump" because the gearshift is a little off I've noticed and sometimes sticks unless I let off the gas.

Yea the 373s suck with an auto and 35s IMO , unless u don't live around any hills

Top Bottom