Gear up

blakeaz33

Just installed 4.88's in my auto with Nitto 35's and very happy with it, great in town and fine on freeway and mainly wanted a little taller gear for performance and if I opt for 37's by the time I upgrade to a 44 in front at some point down the road.

ssh6314

Not to hijack. But what about this question. With a 3.8 auto. The 3.73's pushing around my 33 toyos is a little sluggish. And 35s are not far off. 2011 sport.

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

munstie

Not to hijack. But what about this question. With a 3.8 auto. The 3.73's pushing around my 33 toyos is a little sluggish. And 35s are not far off. 2011 sport.

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

I didn't think 3.73's were that bad with 35's but moving to 5.13's damn what a difference.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

badassbrass

Actually, on a 2012 with it's 3.6L motor, I would say that's a bit too high of a gear ratio for 35's. Just to make sure, have you properly calibrated your speedometer after installing your new tires?

I did calibrate, and it give's good résult! Thx!

From Québec

badassbrass

How does your power feel with the 35"s on 3:21? I am thinking of going 35"s too, on 3:21's

Eddie, would 4:88 be better?

35" on 3:21 ride pretty good once calibrated on pavement, While crawling, it was good, it just got better once calibrated.

From Québec

defCon5

When you say "calibrated" are you talking about a tuner? And if so what tuner did you use.

Aev makes the Procal which has been around for quite a while and is very user friendly due to simple dip switch operation. Superchips has the Flashcal 3570 which has all of the capability of the AEV unit with the addition of an LED screen and is updatable via Internet connection.
I finally ordered my Flashcal and will receive it tomorrow to re calibrate for 35"s and 3.21s.

phillypete

Aev makes the Procal which has been around for quite a while and is very user friendly due to simple dip switch operation. Superchips has the Flashcal 3570 which has all of the capability of the AEV unit with the addition of an LED screen and is updatable via Internet connection.
I finally ordered my Flashcal and will receive it tomorrow to re calibrate for 35"s and 3.21s.

Thanks, but one more question.

Are the re calibrations reversible?

I'm sure dealerships would not look to kindly on a procal when trying to get warranty work, so would it be something to easily reversed so that said dealer wouldn't give me a hard time about it?

badassbrass

I'm sure dealerships would not look to kindly on a procal when trying to get warranty work, so would it be something to easily reversed so that said dealer wouldn't give me a hard time about it?

You CAN reset it.

From Québec

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You CAN reset it.

From Québec

Yup, totally reversible and, depending on what recalibration tool you use, you will want to do that before taking your Jeep to the dealership. The units are VIN locked and if your Jeep's computer gets hooked up to their scan tool, you will not be able to use it anymore.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

as everyone said yes it is reversable. i had mine in the dealer for state and emission inspection about a month ago and i didnt reset the calibration before hand. they didnt say anything about it and i didnt mention it. i chacked when i got home and everything still works on the procal like it should :)

Top Bottom