Gearing up my new tool bags for the Jeep - What do you guys think about this?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Here's some quick pics of my setup. You'll see why I need the small flexible bags as opposed to a rigid bags/boxes based on my storage space. The welder in the pic isn't something I normally carry in the Jeep either. One of the overnight bags is for wrenches, and I keep the small and most-used ones in a separate pocket so they're easy to find. The other bag has most of my sockets and they are separated in a way that I find functional for me.

View attachment 183532 View attachment 183531 View attachment 183530 View attachment 183526 View attachment 183525 View attachment 183528 View attachment 183529 View attachment 183527

Bumping this thread as I'm picking up a trail tool set today and looking for ways to organize/carry them in the back of the jeep. Love these bags, but can't find them. What's everyone else doing? Or WJCO, do you remember/have a link to your bags?

WJCO

Meme King
Bumping this thread as I'm picking up a trail tool set today and looking for ways to organize/carry them in the back of the jeep. Love these bags, but can't find them. What's everyone else doing? Or WJCO, do you remember/have a link to your bags?

I got them at Walmart. One was in the tool section and the other was in travel. The only issue I've had is that the wrench bag had a wrench go through the inner pocket fabric. For 9 bucks what can you expect. I'm very careful with the zippers because they're cheap, but no problems so far. If you're not storing them like mine in a compartment, get a nice hard-bottom tool bag. I had one but the footprint stays the same so you can't condense it. Wheras these Walmart bags can be stuffed and manipulated any way you want.

Exodus 4x4

I picked up a Husky tool bag from Home Depot and also a storage box big enough for it to fit in and hold a gallon of coolant, as well as recovery gear. I'll text you a pic one of these days.

Sullivan

Lol, I didn't have a rough childhood, it just seems more of an insult if that is the intention. Although I think sharkey was joking

Yeah, I think we all were. Lol

But back to topic at hand. I as just running thru Sears and picked up 2 tool bags for $9.99. Not bad. Figured I can always use a few extra

Jimmypaget

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472498260.688122.jpg this is what I've got. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472498280.145304.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472498295.620640.jpg the black box is a 230 piece set from craftsman that I got for last Xmas. Then the bag on top of it is my battery stuff (jumper cables and jumper box) then in front in the porter-cable bag is the hand drill and impact gun, in the husky bag is the tools I use most often (duct/electrical tape, wire strippers, flashlight, knife, and some grips) then on the tailgate I've got the bestop cargo pouches with some gloves, tire stuff (spare lug nuts, breaker bar, some torx stuff, other screwdrivers and a few common use sockets). That's pretty much it. I've also got some survival stuff (canteen, 4-5 bottles of water, fire starting equipment, etc.)

Jegar

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472501877.095150.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472501900.698769.jpg

An alternative: store on the back of the seat, using the headrest. I got these Atlas 46 bags for $51 (free shipping). The fabric and stitching is pretty stout with a heavier zipper than a lot of tool bags and travel bags. The pockets extend out like an oversized, long pencil case.

I don't trust the plastic attachment ring and snap for the headrest strap, so I removed it, replacing it with a motorcycle handle bar soft loop tie down and metal quick link. I add a soft loop at the bottom and anchor to a floor mount D-ring so that bag can't swing up over the headrest during an off-camber, sketchy moment.

Jimmypaget

View attachment 220359 View attachment 220360

An alternative: store on the back of the seat, using the headrest. I got these Atlas 46 bags for $51 (free shipping). The fabric and stitching is pretty stout with a heavier zipper than a lot of tool bags and travel bags. The pockets extend out like an oversized, long pencil case.

I don't trust the plastic attachment ring and snap for the headrest strap, so I removed it, replacing it with a motorcycle handle bar soft loop tie down and metal quick link. I add a soft loop at the bottom and anchor to a floor mount D-ring so that bag can't swing up over the headrest during an off-camber, sketchy moment.

Nice! Good idea on replacing the plastic clips!

Brute

Hooked
Nice! Good idea on replacing the plastic clips!

You still might want to consider strapping it down somewhere just in case God forbid you get into a multiple roll over and the bag rips open and the 3 lb sledge or ball pein hammer says hello...

whispike

This all fits on one small side underneath my deck. The tekton box wrenches are great and organized well for the trail; the other roll up seems stout and it was only $14 on Amazon. I am going to get a second one for some additional stuff. As for sockets, I've got deep impact from 11-24mm in the box, plus a separate 36mm for the axle. I will likely get an additional small non-impact set...or just put a 1/2 socket wrench in one of tool rolls and use the impact sockets by hand when appropriate.

View attachment 183534

Which brand of impact sockets are you using?

Top Bottom