Genright Off Road JKU Full Cage Review and Pictures

BlackKnight

My :twocents: (really my :twocents::twocents::twocents:)

The A, B and C pillars look like they attach directly to the body panels. For a full cage I would expect that at the least they would mount to the floor, if not a pass through to the frame. Seems a little like a pimped out sport cage functionally. I like the looks but would have expected more...

jmatta33

The A, B and C pillars look like they attach directly to the body panels. For a full cage I would expect that at the least they would mount to the floor, if not a pass through to the frame. Seems a little like a pimped out sport cage functionally. I like the looks but would have expected more...

a pillar attaches to the pinch weld and through the fire wall. b pillar attaches to the floor directly above the body mount. c pillar is probably the weakest, but the D pillar attached to the floor as well. attaching to the frame is not something I would want on a JK just by the design of the frame itself. and to say the c pillar is the weakest, is to say that its the only one that attaches to a side body panel. the pinch weld on the A pillar is about a 1/4 thick and part of the bracket runs through a hole in the fire wall. not sure how much more "solid" you could make it. but to each their own, im not trying to sell the cage just sharing my experience and opinions on the product itself.

RLTW!!!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Wow the cage looks great, cant wait to see what their 2 door version looks like. Think you can make the sound bar work? Whats the windshield view like for daily driving?

jmatta33

Wow the cage looks great, cant wait to see what their 2 door version looks like. Think you can make the sound bar work? Whats the windshield view like for daily driving?

sound bar def will not work. planning to have something custom made. view really isnt restricted because of the angle the tubes come down at. but if its a concern you can always leave the v bars off.

RLTW!!!

jmatta33

in a new development, this cage is advertised to work with factory soft top. in the process of starting to fit up my trektop nx, I discovered that the roll bar tubes are too thick for the door surrounds to fit. so some modifications of the factory door surrounds will be necessary at the very least to make them work. see picture below... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411501293.699029.jpg

RLTW!!!

JaySC

Do you know how much more weight is added with this cage? It looks pretty stout. Definitely following this thread.

jmatta33

Do you know how much more weight is added with this cage? It looks pretty stout. Definitely following this thread.

stock cage is pretty light. id say around 50lbs ish...? this easily 150lbs plus. im just giving my best guess. I dont have exact numbers.

RLTW!!!

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Here's mine, I added grab handles and installed everything.

jeepcagefinalinstall.jpg

Last edited:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Also they are going to release an add-on that takes the A-pilar into the floor. The way it mounts to the tub, dash subframe and firewall is pretty stout.

The Harness bar for the front seats does prevent the use of a rear facing car seat.

LoPo

Caught the Bug

The cage was designed in conjunction with Chrysler/Jeep/Mopar. They put the mounts where they did for specific reasons with aligning near or on the body mounts. I don't recall all the data on that at this point.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Getting tired of seeing the same pic. Post some new ones or I'm going to start thinking you didn't get it installed....sort of like your brakes. :bleh:

I'm buying pads this week. You're 'too busy' to see it until after Wednesday. I can go get more pics, but my hard top is on so they are less impressive. :bleh:

jmatta33

I'm buying pads this week. You're 'too busy' to see it until Wednesday. I can go get more pics, but my hard top is on so they are less impressive. :bleh:

let me know where you get pads, im going to need some after i finish painting it

RLTW!!!

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'm buying pads this week. You're 'too busy' to see it until after Wednesday. I can go get more pics, but my hard top is on so they are less impressive. :bleh:

Based on all your excuses, me thinks you probably have enough pads. :crazyeyes:

jmatta33

so after some test fitting, im pretty confident the trektop is going to work. initially I was afraid that the longer rails would make it to tight of a fit but as it turns out, its actually a little loose. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411510191.535858.jpg
essentially I need to modify or make a new bracket for the rear tension bar so it sits about 1-2" off the tubes. that should *cough* SHOULD fix the floppy too that you see above.

RLTW!!!

Top Bottom