Genright Off Road JKU Full Cage Review and Pictures

jmatta33

well it took a little fab work, but the trektop is gonna work with the roll cage! the brackets arent the prettiest, but they cant be seen with the full top on and with the bikini you will barely be able to see them after its painted and pads are installed. I did end up having to cut the top tab on the front two door surrounds but other than that no mods were needed to be made to the top. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411599056.047639.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411599088.235522.jpg
you can see the brackets i made to lift up the back of the top flap. not the prettiest, but it gets the job done

RLTW!!!

raven12

thanks! It has been the bane of my existence for the last few years so I cant wait to get it in finally! Although it will only be temporary as rust has ravaged the tub and I will have to put a new tub in next year...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

In the D-Pillar area, is there any other reinforcement? Or is bolting to the tub/tailight area?

jmatta33

In the D-Pillar area, is there any other reinforcement? Or is bolting to the tub/tailight area?

D Pillar has a large plate that the cage bolts to that is mounted between the tailgate and the OEM roll bar. C pillar mounts to the side walls and the floor behind the passenger seats B pillar to the floor above the body mounts. A pillar to the inside of the door jam that most aftermarket cage kits also mount to. Would have liked A pillar to go to the floor but thats how they made it. Newer version has a couple new cross beams mine does not have but this is plenty of extra beef for me. Im not trying to run KOH or anything lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rockroaster

Your newest pics look like you removed the tabs you made for the Trektop to work, or are they still there or did you figure out a new way to make the tension bar fit? Mine is arriving this week, and I really dont want to lose the Trektop, so trying to figure out how I want the tension bar to mount.

jmatta33

Your newest pics look like you removed the tabs you made for the Trektop to work, or are they still there or did you figure out a new way to make the tension bar fit? Mine is arriving this week, and I really dont want to lose the Trektop, so trying to figure out how I want the tension bar to mount.

Yeah I didn't like how they looked at all so I took them off. My jeep wont be a daily driver so I plan to cut the B-Pillars down to be flush with half doors and I will be running just a normal Bestop Bikini Top. If you want to keep the Trektop you will have to get creative with the tension bar. You will definitely need to fabricate something to hold the tension bar up, unless the newer version that you got has different angles on the back than mine. Mine was one of the first to get shipped out when they started selling them a few years ago.

rockroaster

Yeah im chopping the b-pillar on mine as well. Min rarely gets driven either. But I do want to be able to keep my trektop for wheeling in the rain and snow or long distance travels, so I plan to fab something up. Just not sure how to do it yet and it not look tacky. From what I can tell thus far, the new versions still have the same angle as the old ones in that area. Will know more as I start to put it together.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
excellent question and im glad you asked. for one, I liked the look. but secondly and more importantly, my Jeep was a salvage title and had an impact on the passenger side. the cage was damaged and then subsequently cut and rewelded by whoever "repaired" the Jeep. the result was a crooked stock cage that was off line by about 1 inch. not noticible to the eye or with a hard top on, but with a soft top, the door surrounds on the passenger side had a large gap resulting in water constanly dripping in during rain. so not only was the stock cage poorly repaired, i really didnt trust its structural integrity at all based on the extremely poor quality of repairs that were done.

RLTW!!!

I was wondering why you would do this over something easier like a Rockhard cage until I read that.

Looks really good! I'm with ya, if my Jeep was salvage title and there was damage to the cage I would for sure upgrade to a full cage. :yup:

Top Bottom