Gladiator lackluster sales??

Noble Woodsman

I think the sales decline just reflects the auto industry as a whole, which, except for luxury brands, declined in sales significantly in 2019. The auto industry has always been cyclical, and is currently overdue for a correction.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a30416492/us-auto-sales-2019/

I also believe the JT will be discontinued in a few years, just because for the same price you can get a full size truck.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

People argue it’s not a real truck because it costs AS MUCH as a real truck. Plus you have to immediately dump some money into it to make it look right, it looks so weird that low to the ground. Whoever designed the soft top it looks like an afterthought that people might want to drive with it open with it sticking up in the air like a sailboat. Also all the attention Jeep is getting for not welding things keeps getting worse and worse. On the upside they will hold their value very well when they get discontinued, just as the LJ did.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
People argue it’s not a real truck because it costs AS MUCH as a real truck. Plus you have to immediately dump some money into it to make it look right, it looks so weird that low to the ground. Whoever designed the soft top it looks like an afterthought that people might want to drive with it open with it sticking up in the air like a sailboat. Also all the attention Jeep is getting for not welding things keeps getting worse and worse. On the upside they will hold their value very well when they get discontinued, just as the LJ did.

That is subjective. There are a couple of stock Rubicons around here. I think they look great. There is even one with a soft top, and I happen to like that.

Who would have thought Jeep would have sold as many JKs as were sold? JK’s became expensive, didn’t really look great stock, and drive like 1975 (solid axles), but they sold over 1.5 million.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Noble Woodsman

That is subjective. There are a couple of stock Rubicons around here. I think they look great. There is even one with a soft top, and I happen to like that.

Who would have thought Jeep would have sold as many JKs as were sold? JK’s became expensive, didn’t really look great stock, and drive like 1975 (solid axles), but they sold over 1.5 million.

I think what really boosted JK sales was that they were offered in four door models. Not sure the same kind of longevity in sales will happen with the JT. I think the JL will continue to do well, however.

Everything is subjective. And the JKU capitalized on a want that the market hadn’t provided. A convertible with room for the family, as well as a Jeep for the family, and a Jeep with room for a basic amount of gear (or groceries) that after driving to the beach or trail could button up and take the kids to soccer. I will admit that the sports do look weird short as well. A lot of people forget just how useless wranglers were before the Jk, I love my TJ’s for what I can do with and to it but viewing it strictly as a daily driver it’s horrible. So many people wanted to own one but it would have to be a toy not their daily, especially anyone with a family, then along came the 4 door, hell the 2 door even had a huge space improvement.

The JT has a much smaller market, and it’s trying to contend against Tacoma’s and other vehicles that comparatively could be viewed as luxury. I’m sure it’ll pull some overland buyers away but honestly it’s not in that market either, it’s in the wrangler market. It just happens to also have a bed as a feature. Which is nice for throwing crap in the back, from snowboards to bikes to trips to Home Depot. The majority of its sales are going to come from people wanting a wrangler not people looking for a “truck”

Soft top looks good closed but you can’t tell me that this flopped over mess doesn’t look like an engineering afterthought. Hell they already have kits to make taking it completely off quick and easy.
IMG_5940.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
Soft top looks good closed but you can’t tell me that this flopped over mess doesn’t look like an engineering afterthought. Hell they already have kits to make taking it completely off quick and easy.
View attachment 341292

Lol. This was one of the main reasons that I was going to spend more just to get a hard top. Thankfully, I found out ahead of time how easy it was to pull the soft top off completely. The folded back top looks like shit on these IMO.

Lol. This was one of the main reasons that I was going to spend more just to get a hard top. Thankfully, I found out ahead of time how easy it was to pull the soft top off completely. The folded back top looks like shit on these IMO.

Right? Haha I’m glad it’s at least easy for you. I always wondered why when they first announced the Gladiator why every picture had a hard top, no top, or soft top was on-never back. Then when they were released I was like ohhhh. 🤣

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Everything is subjective. And the JKU capitalized on a want that the market hadn’t provided. A convertible with room for the family, as well as a Jeep for the family, and a Jeep with room for a basic amount of gear (or groceries) that after driving to the beach or trail could button up and take the kids to soccer. I will admit that the sports do look weird short as well. A lot of people forget just how useless wranglers were before the Jk, I love my TJ’s for what I can do with and to it but viewing it strictly as a daily driver it’s horrible. So many people wanted to own one but it would have to be a toy not their daily, especially anyone with a family, then along came the 4 door, hell the 2 door even had a huge space improvement.

The JT has a much smaller market, and it’s trying to contend against Tacoma’s and other vehicles that comparatively could be viewed as luxury. I’m sure it’ll pull some overland buyers away but honestly it’s not in that market either, it’s in the wrangler market. It just happens to also have a bed as a feature. Which is nice for throwing crap in the back, from snowboards to bikes to trips to Home Depot. The majority of its sales are going to come from people wanting a wrangler not people looking for a “truck”

View attachment 341292

Or people that wanted a Wrangler, but wouldn’t buy one, because they needed a bed...

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
What are some of the oversights that you would liked to be ironed out?

Nothing bad enough for me to even remember. Lol. Kinda those things that make me think “that would’ve been nice” then I forget about it. One that comes to mind is the light in the bed. Wish there was a way to turn it on/off from the bed, or even to use the switch in the cab to turn it on without having to start it.. maybe with a timed auto turn off? There’s already a thread on that around here somewhere. Another would possibly be to sort out the steering box deflection and highway wandering... also mentioned on here but doesn’t seem to be across the board. I’ve noticed it a little on mine but nothing too concerning yet. I knows there are a few more but I don’t think it was anything bad at all... more so personal preferences.

Top Bottom