Gladiator "Must Have" Options

jesse3638

Hooked
That exactly when I use it: in traffic. I really don’t use cruise when highway traffic is moving along at a 70+.

I should’ve mention the led light package. Best headlights I’ve had ever n a vehicle. Agreed in the heated seats and wheel. They get HOT. I’m so used to them in my JT that my wife’s ‘18 Suburban LTZ seats and wheel barely feel warm.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
How do people not use cruise at highway speeds...haha. Just set it and forget it. I agree on adaptive cruise, its a great feature

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
I had 1 “must have”, the Ecodiesel. So far it hasn’t disappointed. Driving all over northern NV, then up and over Donner pass out to Winton to look at a buggy, driving in the fast lane ( unless I was sitting in bumper to bumper traffic) and averaged 31mpg.

Coming back up the longer grade over the pass and a lot more stand still traffic, I still got 28 mpg.

It’s only a Sport S, but has all I need. Down the road it’ll get a mild lift and lockers ( living very rurally mud 😖, and deep washouts are a part of daily life). At $41.3k it was a good deal for my needs.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
The JL is temperamental, my Ram functions just like you say your gladiator does, zero delay, basically can pull the handle like normal and it unlocks in time without feeling resistance. The JL does this sometime and sometimes takes 3-4 seconds, almost like it had to "wake up", but man, when it does work like it's supposed to, it's pretty sweet lol.

By The JL I mean My JL

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Somethings up I would guess. Mine is dead on every time. Have you had it checked out ?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I had 1 “must have”, the Ecodiesel. So far it hasn’t disappointed. Driving all over northern NV, then up and over Donner pass out to Winton to look at a buggy, driving in the fast lane ( unless I was sitting in bumper to bumper traffic) and averaged 31mpg.

Coming back up the longer grade over the pass and a lot more stand still traffic, I still got 28 mpg.

It’s only a Sport S, but has all I need. Down the road it’ll get a mild lift and lockers ( living very rurally mud [emoji37], and deep washouts are a part of daily life). At $41.3k it was a good deal for my needs.

How snappy is it ?? I really want to drive one.

WJCO

Meme King
It’s very thin, it’s already faded a gray color. My Line X in my JK still looks great after a couple years.

That blows. The 100 dollar herculiner I did last year still looks the same. Dirtier because I've used it, but hasn't faded.

FFPulley77

Hooked
I walk up to my JK and try to open the doors all the time. So fucking annoying to have to hit the unlock button on my keyfob.

First world problems.... ha! I get it. I’m spoiled when I drive the wife’s car that’s got proximity door locks. Then back go back to the JK and feel like a pilgrim.

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
How snappy is it ?? I really want to drive one.

In the stock Sport trim level, it’s pretty responsive. Being a diesel I’m not sure I’d use the word “snappy” but when you want to merge or pass, that torque shows up immediately and you are flying past folks in a moment. I test drove it up a mountain highway cruising at 65 with plenty of power just waiting to be tapped into.

I totally recommend test driving one. You won’t be sorry.

WJCO

Meme King
In the stock Sport trim level, it’s pretty responsive. Being a diesel I’m not sure I’d use the word “snappy” but when you want to merge or pass, that torque shows up immediately and you are flying past folks in a moment. I test drove it up a mountain highway cruising at 65 with plenty of power just waiting to be tapped into.

I totally recommend test driving one. You won’t be sorry.

Does yours have the 4.10s for final drive ratio?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Gladiator "Must Have" Options

How do people not use cruise at highway speeds...haha. Just set it and forget it. I agree on adaptive cruise, its a great feature

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

The cruise sucks on the highway IMO. It won’t maintain speed on anything but flat roads. At 65-70mph it will let the speed drop 4-5mph once I start going up a hill, even the slightest ones. When the cruise control tries to regain the speed it’ll downshift two or three gears and accelerate. It’s extremely annoying. It gets exponentially worse if you set it at 75mph or higher. This is with 37s and 4.88 gears in PA at an elevation barely above sea level. I can maintain 70mph myself on the highway and only drop my bro 7th on hills, where the cruise would have the engine screaming in 6th or even 5th.

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
Somethings up I would guess. Mine is dead on every time. Have you had it checked out ?

Been like that since the start, we asked the dealer early on, but it course every time they tried it, it worked flawlessly. Fortunately, It's really not that big of a deal just annoying every few times

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

The cruise sucks on the highway IMO. It won’t maintain speed on anything but flat roads. At 65-70mph it will let the speed drop 4-5mph once I start going up a hill, even the slightest ones. When the cruise control tries to regain the speed it’ll downshift two or three gears and accelerate. It’s extremely annoying. It gets exponentially worse if you set it at 75mph or higher. This is with 37s and 4.88 gears in PA at an elevation barely above sea level. I can maintain 70mph myself on the highway and only drop my bro 7th on hills, where the cruise would have the engine screaming in 6th or even 5th.

You just need more torque[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

We build a LOT of JT’s, probably more than anything these days so I see a lot of what people are adding after the purchase. The AUX switches are definitely worth getting. Get the headliner. I originally had the 7” Uconnect and thought it was good, but recently upgraded to the 8.4” and it’s even better. LED lighting all the way around.

So far out of all the suspensions we’ve installed that are NOT coilovers, Clayton seems to be the best all around. Just though I’d throw that in there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Robar

The Enforcer
The older I get the more I like the extras.
I'm not sure I could live without a heated steering wheel anymore. The LED lights are super, the keyless entry and start are great, the Alpine audio, aux switches, ect.
Get everything you can. The JT makes me happy to drive again.

WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I have factory headliners in one of my JKUR’s. Honestly, they don’t do much for me.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The older I get the more I like the extras.
I'm not sure I could live without a heated steering wheel anymore. The LED lights are super, the keyless entry and start are great, the Alpine audio, aux switches, ect.
Get everything you can. The JT makes me happy to drive again.

WAYALIFE mobile app

Shit, at your age, you’d get the Metamucil dispenser if they had one. ;)

Top Bottom