Gladiator "Must Have" Options

Dale72

Hooked
I imagine that the nav system is the same one in my JLUR. The only thing that I don't like about it is if you are on a long trip and don't exit out of it and turn off the jeep, when you get back into it and turn it on it switches from miles to kilometers

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bullwinckle

Hooked
No worries at all. I’ve been thinking about the Ranger as well and need to figure out if my Goal Zero battery could handle the task.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Not sure which Goal Zero you have but my buddy has the Yeti 1000x. He can runs his Ranger on it for the entire hunting trip no problem. Sadly from the Goal Zero website it looks like they may have discontinued the 1000x so I’ll be looking at the 1500x for more money. [emoji19]

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Not sure which Goal Zero you have but my buddy has the Yeti 1000x. He can runs his Ranger on it for the entire hunting trip no problem. Sadly from the Goal Zero website it looks like they may have discontinued the 1000x so I’ll be looking at the 1500x for more money. [emoji19]

I have the 500X. I haven't been able to find the specific draw of the Ranger but I'm hoping the 500X could handle at least one cook session.

Looking around on the internet, I think I should be fine. I found a video of someone using a Traeger 850 on a Yeti 200X. He was able to do it for about 12 hours. That's way more than I need and I don't think the Ranger should require as much power as the 850.

Last edited:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Looking around on the internet, I think I should be fine. I found a video of someone using a Traeger 850 on a Yeti 200X. He was able to do it for about 12 hours. That's way more than I need and I don't think the Ranger should require as much power as the 850.

That’s good to hear! That may have changed my mind on getting the 1500x besides the price difference. Would rather spend $1000 less.

KICKROX

Just got my Stingray Gladiator last month in Carson.
Things that I really like vs my JK:

LED light package: vs stock.. great upgrade.
COLD weather package.. I really like this too.. I know you plan on seat covers but I really like the heated steering wheel.
Tow Package: Worth it for the $350 price tag to get the bigger fan/alternator and Camera Zoom package.

Things I wish I got from factory.
Cargo Group... you really get a lot for the $895 upgrade vs doing yourself afterwards. The storage box underneath the backseat is more than that alone if you plan to do afterwards.
Not to mention the cargo system in the bed and the inverter in the truck bed. Which is not something you can add on afterwards because the wiring harness to the bed does not come with it from the factory or the switch on the panel below the headlight switch. (HOWEVER, most will want to do their own anyway because it's only a 400watt inverter which is only good for small appliances/tools.) I plan to put at least a 1500 watt inverter eventually.

Things I probably wouldn't:
Headliners. For $555, it doesn't seem like they cover much IMO. probably do better aftermarket.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Costco (in Reno) has a great deal on the Traeger Ranger, with the inverter and a cover, for less than the list price of the Ranger alone.

highoctane

Caught the Bug

I don’t really use cruise much either but adaptive cruise is awesome in slow moving traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That exactly when I use it: in traffic. I really don’t use cruise when highway traffic is moving along at a 70+.

On my JLU sport I got very few options. I got the cold weather group, the 7” screen, and the LED package. The LED light upgrade is a really nice upgrade that I didn’t initially want. The cold weather group was a must for the wife. The heated seats are HOT and the steering wheel will melt your skin off. It’s an amazing feature for those cold mornings. The 7” screen is a good size but the 8.5 would be much better. Sadly being a sport model I could upgrade to that size screen.

I should’ve mention the led light package. Best headlights I’ve had ever n a vehicle. Agreed in the heated seats and wheel. They get HOT. I’m so used to them in my JT that my wife’s ‘18 Suburban LTZ seats and wheel barely feel warm.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That exactly when I use it: in traffic. I really don’t use cruise when highway traffic is moving along at a 70+.

I should’ve mention the led light package. Best headlights I’ve had ever n a vehicle. Agreed in the heated seats and wheel. They get HOT. I’m so used to them in my JT that my wife’s ‘18 Suburban LTZ seats and wheel barely feel warm.

Agreed, when I get in customer cars at work (I work for a GM dealer) they don’t compare to the JL seats and wheel. It feels like they aren’t even on lol

Andy5160

Hooked

So here it is my two cents. Do t have the JT but JL will do I hope.
1. Keyless entry option is useless and does not work as it did on my BMW. It takes a few times to click that button on the front or tailgate handle to open or close. At least for me. There are no key less buttons on the rear doors at all which is stupid. The best part is that you have a keyfob and the actual key blade which you can’t stick in a keyhole since the front doors have the stupid buttons and rear doors got nothing. Basically what I see is the key blade can only open and close glove compartment and between the seats compartment. Just stupid unless I don’t understand something.
2. Aux switches is a great option to have regardless of future upgrades. Mine did not come with it so I negotiated with the dealer owner to throw one into my deal and then I installed myself.
3. Cold weather package is great and Hot. Not sure why you want to cover Rubi seats with some covers.
4.LEDs are great and for the money it is worth it. Do it.
5.Not sure if the floor mats were included in my deal through the sticker price but it is something I was able to negotiate and get thrown in on every car deal in my life.
6.Definitely get the bigger screen it is worth it. I am happy with mine. Alpine has an aftermarket one which is nice but pricy.
7.if I were to get JT I would get under the rear seat storage and the speaker just like this option.
8. I had cruise control both adapted and regular on different vehicles used it once or twice and that was the end of it.
9. Mine came with the hard top so I don’t have JL experience with the soft top. I’ll get one aftermarket or Mopar down the road so it is not a deal breaker for me.
Hope it helps and pull the trigger already [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
My launch Edition is fully loaded, the only thing I wouldn’t get is the bedliner and bedcover.

I like everything else, the door lock sensor is awesome, heated seats are great. I would never buy another new vehicle without adaptive cruise.

WJCO

Meme King
My launch Edition is fully loaded, the only thing I wouldn’t get is the bedliner and bedcover.

I like everything else, the door lock sensor is awesome, heated seats are great. I would never buy another new vehicle without adaptive cruise.

Why don't you like the bed liner? Just curious. Ours came without it and the paint got scratched the first week just with kids bikes.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Why don't you like the bed liner? Just curious. Ours came without it and the paint got scratched the first week just with kids bikes.

It’s very thin, it’s already faded a gray color. My Line X in my JK still looks great after a couple years.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I'd have to agree with all this ^^^. I didn't get the proximity door locks but wish I had them. Love the leather seats and in a way that I didn't know I'd love.

benatc1

Hooked
On my JL the proximity certainly lags compared to my Ram but i still think it's definitely worth having. Id echo alot of recommendations from everyone on here. Leather seats are great, and factory aux switches are nice and clean, even if you'll be adding switch pro down the road

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I'd have to agree with all this ^^^. I didn't get the proximity door locks but wish I had them. Love the leather seats and in a way that I didn't know I'd love.

I walk up to my JK and try to open the doors all the time. So fucking annoying to have to hit the unlock button on my keyfob.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
On my JL the proximity certainly lags compared to my Ram but i still think it's definitely worth having. Id echo alot of recommendations from everyone on here. Leather seats are great, and factory aux switches are nice and clean, even if you'll be adding switch pro down the road

No shit, it’s the much quicker? The JT basically unlocks as I touch the door.

benatc1

Hooked
No shit, it’s the much quicker? The JT basically unlocks as I touch the door.

The JL is temperamental, my Ram functions just like you say your gladiator does, zero delay, basically can pull the handle like normal and it unlocks in time without feeling resistance. The JL does this sometime and sometimes takes 3-4 seconds, almost like it had to "wake up", but man, when it does work like it's supposed to, it's pretty sweet lol.

By The JL I mean My JL

Last edited:
Top Bottom