Glimpses of the 2024 Gladiator

Aceisback

Hooked
Me too. The black doesn’t work for me.
Yep, hate black grills, and more than anything hate black wheels. Don’t get the fad. Looks like some damn crackhead pawned his hubcaps for a fix.
Guess growing up in the era of gleaming Cragar Mags on the baddest ass vehicles instilled that in me.
To each his own though. Doesn’t mean that I have to like it. Got my Gobi Mojave home on a Thursday, Friday morning the Bronze wheels went on.

duktrx

I think the tiny fake 7-slot grill looks like crap. I have not seen a full-side view, but I suspect Flea-ot has raked the hood in an attempt to improve MPG. I imagine the rake will make it difficult to swap in a new power plant.

That infotainment system looks out of place in a Jeep.

Yep, hate black grills, and more than anything hate black wheels. Don’t get the fad. Looks like some damn crackhead pawned his hubcaps for a fix.
Guess growing up in the era of gleaming Cragar Mags on the baddest ass vehicles instilled that in me.
To each his own though. Doesn’t mean that I have to like it. Got my Gobi Mojave home on a Thursday, Friday morning the Bronze wheels went on.

I, too, see the allure of polished wheels; as the youngest kid, I was relegated to polishing the chrome bumpers and wheels and grew to hate brake dust. I had Alcoa wheels on my work truck and hated trying to keep them clean. I like the dark wheel look, a quick brush over them, and they look clean.

JimLee

Hooked
I think the aftermarket will solve the grill. I could live with the infotainment system, the older I get the bigger I want electronics so I can see them worth a shit.

Bierpower

Hooked
They're just shrinking the grill so it's not such a jump when the go full electric and it turns into some giant stupid looking plastic panel like everyone else.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I'm quite sure that the point of the pseudo 7-slots is to open it up to allow for more air flow. Help keep whatever they're trying to keep cool or hoping to keep cool in the future, better. I just bothers me that it's fake - not really 7 slots.

JTDriver

I'm sure it's just me but I really don't like the new pseudo 7 slot grill or the crazy big infotainment screen.

Not just you. The grill is definitely too small. It's iconic and should stand out. And the big screen doesn't look like it belongs there. It's as if the engineers knew they had to put a bigger screen but never bothered to integrate it into the dash so it flows better.

I would like auto seat adjustment and some of the new features but I like the old look better.

JimLee

Hooked
I agree, but have you ever taken out an electric seat? Those things got some weight to them. I bet the grill was to claw back 6 oz. The more heavy stuff they add to these Jeeps from the factory, the more stuff they have to lighten up somewhere else, I hope it's not important stuff.

JTDriver

I agree, but have you ever taken out an electric seat? Those things got some weight to them. I bet the grill was to claw back 6 oz. The more heavy stuff they add to these Jeeps from the factory, the more stuff they have to lighten up somewhere else, I hope it's not important stuff.

It's just a convenience thing for me. My wife wants to drive the Jeep too so having a couple of preset positions like our other car would be a nice feature. I don't mind manual seats.

And c'mon now. Stellantis would never remove important stuff...

JimLee

Hooked
It's just a convenience thing for me. My wife wants to drive the Jeep too so having a couple of preset positions like our other car would be a nice feature. I don't mind manual seats.

And c'mon now. Stellantis would never remove important stuff...
Right on, I have to admit it's a nice creature comfort and I'd have sprung for it. I guess it's just now that my Jeep gets about 10mpg, all I can think about is weight. I told my wife '"you need to lose about 3 pounds off your head, it's not allowed to come off the bootie".
giphy (5).gif

With the Accuair seat feature, your seat will be self positioned and self-leveled with a puff of air to accomplish the adjustments that previously required heavy electric motors. Magnesium will be used for the seat frame. These steps will make the seat even lighter than manual seats.

Top Bottom