Go big, go little...Or go home?

Yep then you'll be fine with your plan. Even if you decide to get 35s some day, you'll probably still be fine as long as you tread lightly. C gussets the front for sure. If you at some point decide to do 35s, then a nice set of chromoly full circle clip axles shafts would be good idea as well

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RSQCON

So many people have these same thoughts there is nothing ridiculous about it. Not everyone can afford to purchase and build a Jeep just for fun and in many cases they are daily drivers. The thing I've identified with most in this thread is the cost issue. I received a couple quotes from ORE and sticker shock does not begin to describe my thoughts when I inquired about the Dynatrac 60/60 package, bolt on coilover kit and 37" tires on Machetes. Even when I dumbed the build down and kept my stock axles I was at the price of a small sedan. Like krdadlamb my build is at version 50.3 (at least in my head) but the one thing I don't want to do is 'build it up' as I feel in the long run it's cost prohibitive. For example if I ultimately plan on running 60/60s I don't want to waste time on wheels that aren't 8x6.5 and so on.

The BAD Influence

Yep then you'll be fine with your plan. Even if you decide to get 35s some day, you'll probably still be fine as long as you tread lightly. C gussets the front for sure. If you at some point decide to do 35s, then a nice set of chromoly full circle clip axles shafts would be good idea as well

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Forgive me, I'm new. If I do eventually go to 35s and upgrade the axle shafts, doesn't that put the weak link as my ring and pinion?

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The BAD Influence

So many people have these same thoughts there is nothing ridiculous about it. Not everyone can afford to purchase and build a Jeep just for fun and in many cases they are daily drivers. The thing I've identified with most in this thread is the cost issue. I received a couple quotes from ORE and sticker shock does not begin to describe my thoughts when I inquired about the Dynatrac 60/60 package, bolt on coilover kit and 37" tires on Machetes. Even when I dumbed the build down and kept my stock axles I was at the price of a small sedan. Like krdadlamb my build is at version 50.3 (at least in my head) but the one thing I don't want to do is 'build it up' as I feel in the long run it's cost prohibitive. For example if I ultimately plan on running 60/60s I don't want to waste time on wheels that aren't 8x6.5 and so on.
Haha. You're axles are the ones I mentioned earlier. Monday I was convinced I was going to contact you and tell you I wanted them. Then the more I read, I came to the conclusion I could just take my build down another notch, and really not be any worse off. Then I'd have more money to spend on truly important things like an upgraded stereo system.
I've had those thoughts of 60/80 dynatracs, coilovers and 40s. It's even worse after following a rig like that around Hells Revenge. But gotta remember, this is my wife's DD.
Basically in order to really do what I want I'm going to need my own Jeep.

GraniteCrystal

Just reading through this again and sounds like you're sticking with 33s? If so, I'm selling my Rubi wheels with KO2s. If interested, PM me.

Warrior's Lance

Thank you for your input, and sorry for interrupting your sleep. I believe you're correct. So now my dilemma is to add the better shafts and knuckles, or stop wasting time and get their 60/60 combo.

Dynatrac recently added this sentence to the listing: "Dynatrac’s U.S.-made forged, double-heat-treated 1350 axleshaft assemblies are included. You get our latest inner and outer 4340 shafts with new U-joints installed." I did not see that when I put the link in your thread and think it has been added since. The price did not change, so they were included all along, we just couldn't know until that sentence was added. Just keep your knuckles, put new us timken unit bearings on and go.

Sorry if I burst your bubble before. Maybe you can still get this jeep the way you want it.

The BAD Influence

Dynatrac recently added this sentence to the listing: "Dynatrac’s U.S.-made forged, double-heat-treated 1350 axleshaft assemblies are included. You get our latest inner and outer 4340 shafts with new U-joints installed." I did not see that when I put the link in your thread and think it has been added since. The price did not change, so they were included all along, we just couldn't know until that sentence was added. Just keep your knuckles, put new us timken unit bearings on and go.

Sorry if I burst your bubble before. Maybe you can still get this jeep the way you want it.
Great information. Thanks

Top Bottom