Goin' topless

munstie

Nothing like driving a relatively new 30k dollar investment, through a thunderstorm, with no top to make you feel alive!

Been there first wheeling trip topless and doorless, we got hammered with hail on the way home.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

munstie

:/ hope it wasn't bad hail. I've had to hide under an overpass a few times here to avoid dents.

Dime sized hail, first it started raining a little little so my son pipes up and says hey at least its not hail next thing ya know bam.:banghead:

MobyJR

Dime sized hail, first it started raining a little little so my son pipes up and says hey at least its not hail next thing ya know bam.:banghead:

HA! I learned the hard way to watch my tongue and not tempt fate once too. Cept' it was in the middle of Afghanistan lol NEVER AGAIN! It all started when it began to rain and I said in a very sarcastic tone, "at least it's just rain, how could this day get aaaaany worse."

groovebus

HA! I learned the hard way to watch my tongue and not tempt fate once too. Cept' it was in the middle of Afghanistan lol NEVER AGAIN! It all started when it began to rain and I said in a very sarcastic tone, "at least it's just rain, how could this day get aaaaany worse."

I learned that in Somalia in the 90's. And you don't want to be the one that said it when it does get worse. And Marines will never let you live it down. Bikini Tops for me, but no doors. The CA sun will give you a nice full body sun burn.

TheStick

I had throw mine back on for a whimpy storm coming through tomorrow :grayno:

It will be back off Friday. :thumb:

MobyJR

I learned that in Somalia in the 90's. And you don't want to be the one that said it when it does get worse. And Marines will never let you live it down. Bikini Tops for me, but no doors. The CA sun will give you a nice full body sun burn.

Yeah most of the guys on that deployment have pcs'd or got out. But somehow people still know I was the guy that had to open my mouth that one day lol

MobyJR

I had throw mine back on for a whimpy storm coming through tomorrow :grayno:

It will be back off Friday. :thumb:

Yeah we've got one coming for like a day. Kinda pissed maybe the wife will let me drive her car so I can leave the top off.

TheStick

Yeah we've got one coming for like a day. Kinda pissed maybe the wife will let me drive her car so I can leave the top off.

Same here. It's lame.

The hardtop will be nice in the winter but come fall I'm going to look into a soft top I can easily throw on for these little one off rain days.

Sahara707

Same here. It's lame.

The hardtop will be nice in the winter but come fall I'm going to look into a soft top I can easily throw on for these little one off rain days.

Same here in Sonoma County, rain? Maybe I'll take he top off Friday. I setup up an electric winch with a T-Bar to pull the top off. I can have the top off quick.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
As long as its not raining, I'm topless. from 31 degrees the other morning to 93 degrees this afternoon. Unfortunately, its supposed to rain all weekend, so top and doors are going back on Friday night. :grayno:

munstie

Took the doors off yesterday, and pulled the hardtop today.

Attachments

• 1368670117358.jpg
    1368670117358.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 71

TheStick

Same here in Sonoma County, rain? Maybe I'll take he top off Friday. I setup up an electric winch with a T-Bar to pull the top off. I can have the top off quick.

Yep. Same little system we are getting.

I NEED a system to do the top myself. Is yours home brew or a good bought system? Either way I am interested. Some sort of hoist is high on my list.

munstie

Yep. Same little system we are getting.

I NEED a system to do the top myself. Is yours home brew or a good bought system? Either way I am interested. Some sort of hoist is high on my list.

I'm gonna start making my hoist tomorrow. Hell maybe I'll do a write up.

Brankz

Heh, not me. I had the top and doors off the night before the good weather rolled in just so I wouldn't miss it. :D

Though I have to admit it is a pain to remove the hardtop and put it back on later that day because you know torrential rain is coming back before the day is over.

If rains, just take off the drain plug lol

Lane87

I've only been able to have the doors off for 3 days so far this year.. every time it's warm enough it rains.. Hopefully this weekend I can run doorless at Rausch..

Top Bottom