GoPro Hero3

MTG

Caught the Bug
Should have read the details closer...

So I go to perform said product update...

Warning: I need to download Java to my iMac.

Go to install Java.

Warning: You need to have iOS version 10.7 or later to install Java 7.

I go to install Java 6 (smart thinking on my part ;)). No can do.

So I update to Mountain Lion :clap2: $20 and 35 minutes later. :grayno:

Do a couple more updates along the way.

I finally get to the GoPro update page.

Step 1: Insert a blank SD card.

No problem. Grab one. Copy the files to computer. Delete files from card. Eject card from computer. Go to install in new GoPro3 Black Edition and....BAM!!

The new version takes micro SD cards not the one that I already have at least 10 laying around. A trip to Costco is in order for today.

Guess you'll just have to wait for the scrambled egg shots.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I have the HDHero and the HDHero3 white edition. When looking at footage from both I can't really tell the difference, except the sound on the hero3 is better.

Here is a video shot all in the hero 3

http://youtu.be/JoRDHHGX3uQ

The HD Hero and Hero3 White Ed use the same optics.

You can see a break down of the specs of the Hero3 here: http://gopro.com/hd-hero3-cameras

The Black Edition does 1080p @ 60 fps which is helpful if you want to slow mo 1080p video, not to mention the added benefits of the higher frame rate.

redman333

LoPo said:
The HD Hero and Hero3 White Ed use the same optics.

You can see a break down of the specs of the Hero3 here: http://gopro.com/hd-hero3-cameras

The Black Edition does 1080p @ 60 fps which is helpful if you want to slow mo 1080p video, not to mention the added benefits of the higher frame rate.

The hero3 black can also do 120fps at 720p which is really nice for the extra slow mo shots.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Update:

Finally had a chance to update the software and I must say it's awesome!

It makes so much sense to be able to control my camera from my phone. Plus it gives me a screen shot of what the camera is "seeing." There is a few seconds delay, which was annoying while sitting next to the camera, but on the trail it shouldn't matter. I am super stoked to try this on the trail. Hopefully, no more 30 minutes of me recording the parked jeep in front of me. :doh:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Man Mike I want one so bad...gonna have to treat myself for a change! ;)

You should. Or better yet, get Brenda to buy it for you. ;)

I see you are going to KOH. I'll bring it with me for you to check out...if you don't buy one before then.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You should. Or better yet, get Brenda to buy it for you. ;)

I see you are going to KOH. I'll bring it with me for you to check out...if you don't buy one before then.

Defiantly get one! I haven't used mine a ton yet and need to get the wifi remote (I have the Hero 2 outdoor edition) and its really cool!

htweelz

I picked up a Hero3 Black edition and love it! I have the app on my iPod and you can control it and change settings. Going skiing this weekend and plan on using it and my old HeroHD. Should be a good time. Last night I made a pole for it from some PVC and then recorded our dog eating her food to try it out. LOL! She kept looking at it...like what the hell is that thing?

JKBANDIT55

I have 2 and they are awesome.GPH3 and a GPH Only thing is, when its cloudy outside or not enough light, it takes away some of the clarity of the video.

Here is a video I made shot with all go pro. Im still trying to figure out the settings as my new GPH3 is a littler shakier than the regular GPHERO. If any of you guys know how to fix this let me know!

http://youtu.be/JoRDHHGX3uQ

JAGS

Hooked
So bringing this back up. Looking to get some gear for my GoPro3S over the holidays and thought I'd ask all of that have been using these for some time.

1) What's your best/most used accessory?
2) Additional batteries??? Do you use GP or aftermarket?? Recommendations??

Skirmish

I'm excited for the release of the Steadycam Curve. It's supposed to ship soon. Should smooth out my shots when I'm running along side a rig. The acc. I use the most are my tablet with the gopro app to run the camera Wi-Fi and a battery backpack to charge the spare battery.

I just bought a DJI Phantom quadcopter that I guess could be considered an accessory since it is designed to carry a gopro and that was the reason I bought it. Does really well but I need practice. This is the first flight video I shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJLpWHxHQmI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

OJK12

So bringing this back up. Looking to get some gear for my GoPro3S over the holidays and thought I'd ask all of that have been using these for some time.

1) What's your best/most used accessory?
2) Additional batteries??? Do you use GP or aftermarket?? Recommendations??

I love the LCD touch screen for checking out what I will be shooting and what I have shot so if I screwed up I can delete it and save precious SD card space!

Top Bottom