GoPro Hero3

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So bringing this back up. Looking to get some gear for my GoPro3S over the holidays and thought I'd ask all of that have been using these for some time.

1) What's your best/most used accessory?
2) Additional batteries??? Do you use GP or aftermarket?? Recommendations??

i would say the extra battery is a must as well. i can run my go pro all day with the extra battery on the back. and for viewing what im shooting i use the go pro app on my phone (free). allows you to see where you aiming the camera and see what you are shooting.

the suction cup mount is awesome as well. it allows you to move the camera all over the place and not worry about having a fixed location like the sticky 3M tape mount.

JAGS

Hooked
I'm excited for the release of the Steadycam Curve. It's supposed to ship soon. Should smooth out my shots when I'm running along side a rig. The acc. I use the most are my tablet with the gopro app to run the camera Wi-Fi and a battery backpack to charge the spare battery.

I just bought a DJI Phantom quadcopter that I guess could be considered an accessory since it is designed to carry a gopro and that was the reason I bought it. Does really well but I need practice. This is the first flight video I shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJLpWHxHQmI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Nice. Not to the level of these accessories just yet, but the quadcopter is something I've been eying as a toy for a while.

What spare batteries do you use? There are some aftermarket, but not sure if they are crap or not.

i would say the extra battery is a must as well. i can run my go pro all day with the extra battery on the back. and for viewing what im shooting i use the go pro app on my phone (free). allows you to see where you aiming the camera and see what you are shooting.

What make of extra battery do you use. An actual GP battery or aftermarket spares. Thanks.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What make of extra battery do you use. An actual GP battery or aftermarket spares. Thanks.

the GP one. comes with the battery, standard backdoor, skeleton backdoor, protective case when storing the batterie, and an extra USB cable.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'm excited for the release of the Steadycam Curve. It's supposed to ship soon. Should smooth out my shots when I'm running along side a rig. The acc. I use the most are my tablet with the gopro app to run the camera Wi-Fi and a battery backpack to charge the spare battery.

I just bought a DJI Phantom quadcopter that I guess could be considered an accessory since it is designed to carry a gopro and that was the reason I bought it. Does really well but I need practice. This is the first flight video I shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJLpWHxHQmI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Awesome Keith! I'd love to get one of these. :yup:

Skirmish

I run GP batteries as well. They aren't that expensive and I know what I'm getting.

The Phantom is pretty amazing cause it has like six differrent sensors to keep flight simple. It runs a digital compass, GPS, gyro and barometer just to stabilize and position hold. If you are out of control you just release the control sticks and it stops in place and hovers. They run just under $500 though so I get a little nervous flying over $800 in equipment up a half mile but it is worth it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom