Great places to eat that you have visited while traveling.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410979468.505613.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410979544.217257.jpg
Delgadillo's Snow Cap in Seligman Arizona on Route 66 has some of best milkshakes and malts you will ever find. We stopped there twice on our trip out west.

O|||||||O
JK🇺🇸

As a truck driver, I get to try different restaurants from time to time but this one is by far my all-time favorite:

Heaven on Earth Restaurant and Bakery in Quines Creek, Oregon. (I-5, exit 86).
Never have I been to a restaurant where you have to walk thru the bakery to the dining area, lol. Their cinnamon rolls are the size of a dinner plate and they are to die for! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410986782.014098.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410986792.443171.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Little place in St. Augustine walking distance to Castillo De San Marcos
IMG_3033.jpg
IMG_3039.jpg
Etouffee
IMG_3042.jpg
Shrimp n' grits
IMG_3043.jpg

Last edited:

sean112280

If you are ever in Seattle, WA, you need to have some Ivars! Best chowder, and fried clams around (my fav) and I hear the fish and chips are great too. :thumb:

Attachments

• Ivars1 2011-07-11.jpg
    Ivars1 2011-07-11.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 119
  • thumb_600.jpg
    thumb_600.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 2656993389_cb9d7f159c.jpg
    2656993389_cb9d7f159c.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 122

catahoula

Caught the Bug
If you are ever in Seattle, WA, you need to have some Ivars! Best chowder, and fried clams around (my fav) and I hear the fish and chips are great too. :thumb:

I love fish n chips. I'll have to add a few more places I've been that had some awesome food!

2013CGJKU

If anyone is ever in the San Diego area or lives in the San Diego area, Happy Sushi on Coronado is the best sushi I have ever eaten. A buddy and I would go there when we got back in from sea and gorge ourselves on sushi and sapporo... so good.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Fish and Chips! One of my best memories in Europe. My wife and I met a local and he sat down there and we just talked for hours. Across from the London Eye same side as Big Ben and a few blocks thata way on a side street. That's my wifey in da blue.

Copy (1) of IMG_8686 - Copy - Copy.jpg

RickyI

Eureka Springs 12.jpg Eureka Springs 2.jpg Kansas 46.jpg Kansas 49.jpg Kansas 47.jpg Kansas 48.jpg

Out trip out west on Rt 66, we stopped in Eureka Springs, Arkansas and ate at Rowdy Beaver Bar & Grill and at the Route 62 Cruise In Diner, then on to Springfield, Mo. and then onto Baxter Springs, Kansas at the Café on the Route, Rt. 66....

Ricky

RickyI

Funny story when we ate at Baxter Springs, Ks.,
Lady brings my ticket over, this was after making my wife some homemade lemonade, which they didn't offer on the list, I look at the ticket and I ask her to please look at it with me. She says, oh my, did I over change you for something? The wife had chicken fried steak with a pile of extras, I had the "Best" Grilled Salmon I have ever had and extras and the Bill was 17.98, I told the lady, oh you didn't overchange, but I think you forgot to add one of the meals to the ticket, she looked and said, No Sir, that's correct and you have a Wonderful day.....back home the bill would have been 40.00 or more! So, she got a very nice tip for all of her extra help & lemonade...

Ricky
IMG_0873.jpg IMG_0874.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Funny story when we ate at Baxter Springs, Ks.,
Lady brings my ticket over, this was after making my wife some homemade lemonade, which they didn't offer on the list, I look at the ticket and I ask her to please look at it with me. She says, oh my, did I over change you for something? The wife had chicken fried steak with a pile of extras, I had the "Best" Grilled Salmon I have ever had and extras and the Bill was 17.98, I told the lady, oh you didn't overchange, but I think you forgot to add one of the meals to the ticket, she looked and said, No Sir, that's correct and you have a Wonderful day.....back home the bill would have been 40.00 or more! So, she got a very nice tip for all of her extra help & lemonade...

Ricky
View attachment 100788 View attachment 100789

Sweet! Reminds me when we stayed at High Plains Homestead in my first post. It was near Toadstool National Park. We had Indian tacos (which was featured on Food Network) for lunch, steak dinner, stayed the night, and breakfast. For two people it was under $150 for everything.

http://www.highplainshomestead.com/

Top Bottom