Great places to eat that you have visited while traveling.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Big Texan in Amarillo, TX.

LOL!! I had been meaning to add this place to the thread but see you've beaten me to it :D

main.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As already mentioned, I was also going to recommend the Café on the Route in Baxter Springs, Kansas but from what I understand, it closed in January 2013 :grayno: This was a neat place being that it used to be the old Crowell Bank and was robbed in 1876 by Jesse James and Cole Younger.

main.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Of course, thinking about the last time we went wheeling in AZ made me think about this awesome stop - Crown King :cool:

main.php

Jaydoc1

Gulbahar's Grab and Goat. The goat tartar is to die for :rock:

View attachment 100569

The kitchen out back of my team house, nothing but the highest in restaurant cleanliness standards.

View attachment 100570

View attachment 100571

View attachment 100572

We called this guys shop, "Mean Johnny's Greasy Wok". I think he was using old 10w30 :thumb:

View attachment 100573

Okay, Greg. My question to you (and be honest): Did any of you ever eat any of that stuff? :icon_crazy:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Savannah, GA. Little place by the river. First time I had grouper. Then took a cruise on one of the two paddle boats.
Copy (1) of IMG_1745.jpg Copy (1) of IMG_1742.jpg

Jaydoc1

I sometimes think that I bought my Jeep just to drive to cool places to eat.

1) Coyote Grill, Buena Vista, CO
i-RVNsm59-L.jpg

2) K's Drive-In, Buena Vista, CO
i-jwfG2WP-L.jpg

3) Frenchy's Cafe, Pitkin, CO
i-g8bJ3vz-L.jpg

4) These next couple places were in this cool little town in Utah. I can't remember its name, though. ;)
i-t46DkXC-L.jpg

i-c9LTxcd-L.jpg

Who knew some of the best sushi could be found in Moab?
i-7fw2NnF-L.jpg

5) I honestly don't remember the name of this place or where it was. I vaguely remember that they may have served tequila, though.
i-H6RqqHN-L.jpg

6) Crepes A La Cart, Breckenridge, CO
i-srw2Djm-L.jpg

7) The Hen House, Pueblo, CO

A Comfort food extravaganza! Here we have their liver and onions, fried okra, mashed potatoes, and mac and cheese. Only 213 calories and 3 grams of fat.
i-CsxJSdk-L.jpg

8) And last but not least, The Packer Saloon/Cannibal Grill, Lake City, CO.

If you don't know who Alfred Packer is well Google him up. He was a mountain guide/prospector that got his party of five plus himself lost in the mountains outside Lake City, CO. It is believed that he killed and ate the rest of his party in order to survive.
i-qJrWdgV-L.jpg

i-5DmtmzR-L.jpg

P1010171.jpg

They serve up a little more palatable fare nowadays. Cannibal Wings-braised pork shanks. Holy smokes, they're good!
i-kr8zThW-L.jpg

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

Super J's on Big Island HI just south of Kona nea Captain Cook

l.jpg

Best Lau Lau I've ever had! :drool:

l.jpg

If you're ever in Hilo, check out Suisan's in the harbor.

l.jpg

They have the best Poke you'll ever have

l.jpg

Top Bottom