Hack's 2000 XJ Build Thread

big dr

You asked for suggestions,,, and you said it was for snow survival,,, So I think a simple bumper and winch would look great and get you out of shitty situations when the time comes. Looks good though!!:beer:

Hack12

Where's the dunking donut decal? 🍩

Haha. :crazyeyes:

You asked for suggestions,,, and you said it was for snow survival,,, So I think a simple bumper and winch would look great and get you out of shitty situations when the time comes. Looks good though!!:beer:

I couldn't agree more! I'm gonna have to wait until I can replenish the cash flow a bit before I spring for a bumper/winch combo but I love where your head is at!!

Hack12

Broke out the Plasti-Dip this afternoon to do all the plastic trim and the rear bumper on the XJ. I'm extremely pleased with the results. It brought 15 year old faded plastics and a scratched up bumper back to life!

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

Though it can be hard to see in some of the photos I've previously posted in this thread, my plastic bumper ends and side trim were in rough shape. They were all completely faded and washed out. They look brand new now!:thumb:

I was planning on dipping the wheels too today but I ran out of sunlight...

Last edited:

Hack12

Here's the best 'before & after' pic I could come up with.

Obviously, I inverted the 'after' pic to allow for an easier comparison.

Very happy with the Plasti-Dip results!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421796517.731232.jpg

Tigrcky

nice build, im digging the black wheels. glad you got your oil leak fixed, when i had my xj i had to get a different valve cover, new oil cap, oil filter mount o-rings, oilpan gasket, and rear main. :shock: it was a mess but at 242000 miles that 4.0L never missed a beat! i was originally going with a 3 inch lift like you with just 31s or 32s, always a great look for these XJs but then i got a 6 inch lift for cheap and well i went bigger. i have a few recommends for snow survival, being that i live in snow country, chains are great but cables are great too, i found that automatic lockers front and rear really make the xj nearly unstoppable up to 2 feet of snow, and a little shovel never hurts :thumb: great build!!!

Hack12

nice build, im digging the black wheels. glad you got your oil leak fixed, when i had my xj i had to get a different valve cover, new oil cap, oil filter mount o-rings, oilpan gasket, and rear main. :shock: it was a mess but at 242000 miles that 4.0L never missed a beat! i was originally going with a 3 inch lift like you with just 31s or 32s, always a great look for these XJs but then i got a 6 inch lift for cheap and well i went bigger. i have a few recommends for snow survival, being that i live in snow country, chains are great but cables are great too, i found that automatic lockers front and rear really make the xj nearly unstoppable up to 2 feet of snow, and a little shovel never hurts :thumb: great build!!!

Thanks! I love the idea of lockers...and the shovel! I would love to upgrade to 33's sometime in the future but only if I could fit them under the lift I already have. Obviously, that would likely involve some gratuitous fender cutting. We'll see, maybe someday!

Tigrcky

Thanks! I love the idea of lockers...and the shovel! I would love to upgrade to 33's sometime in the future but only if I could fit them under the lift I already have. Obviously, that would likely involve some gratuitous fender cutting. We'll see, maybe someday!

yeah you might need another 1-2 inches of lift for 33s and some generous trimming, i would recommend lock rite lockers, they are cheap tough and go into any open diff so there is no need for a regear.

Hack12

yeah you might need another 1-2 inches of lift for 33s and some generous trimming, i would recommend lock rite lockers, they are cheap tough and go into any open diff so there is no need for a regear.

Yeah, as much as I'd LOVE to do that, I just can't currently justify dumping that much more money into it. I'll certainly check out the Lock Rite lockers though. Thanks!

Hack12

Where are you guys going? I'm not sure I'll be able to get out of work on a Saturday, unfortunately. Fridays and Saturdays are my bread and butter days for OT!

noroad

Where are you guys going? I'm not sure I'll be able to get out of work on a Saturday, unfortunately. Fridays and Saturdays are my bread and butter days for OT!

Down to pen man there are some people doing greens that you can test ur jeep out on. And i hear ya on that i am leaving late friday night and early sunday am. quickeee trip lol hahaha

Hack12

Down to pen man there are some people doing greens that you can test ur jeep out on. And i hear ya on that i am leaving late friday night and early sunday am. quickeee trip lol hahaha

Yeah, Fridays and Saturdays are my days off but they are also the two days I try to work every week because of the killer OT pay I make. I actually prefer to use vacation or personal time on other days so I don't lose out on the day off OT. Normally, it wouldn't be a big deal but I'm playing a bit of catch-up after buying and XJ and modding it out on a whim, lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom