Half Door Paint Options - Help me decide!

How to color match my half doors?

• Color-matched PowderCoat

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Color-matched Vinyl Wrap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color-matched Auto Paint

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Then again, you can always get it close enough and put the giant WAYALIFE stickers on both sides and people will focus on that. How may people ever notice Rubicat's doors are just a tiny bit darker?

Actually, we had the half doors matched to our full doors and the color is a pretty good match. Sadly, the color difference you see comes from the fact that our doors have warped and is therefore not reflecting light in the same way. If you look carefully, our grill is a shade off too even along the edge of it.

Napalm

Actually, we had the half doors matched to our full doors and the color is a pretty good match. Sadly, the color difference you see comes from the fact that our doors have warped and is therefore not reflecting light in the same way. If you look carefully, our grill is a shade off too even along the edge of it.

Oh no! What is the cause of the warp?

Both Moby and RubiCAT look awesome with the color matched doors. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh no! What is the cause of the warp?

Both Moby and RubiCAT look awesome with the color matched doors. [emoji3]

Not sure, maybe the fact that they got painted? They're just plastic doors and maybe the sanding or chemical reaction caused them to warp. It's not that big of a deal to me being that they still look great and for the most part, you can't really tell especially in photos. Well, except for the fact that on Rubicat, the color can look a touch off in certain angles :crazyeyes:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I would vote vinyl wrap, except for the price. If I could paint them for close to the same price, I'd have them painted. For $250, that powder coating looks pretty close.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug

For sure the match is really close, it's not something that jumps out at all unless you're looking for it. I hope that's what happens with the OP's half doors and the powder coat.

Napalm

Bumping this up for anyone wonder how the powdercoat turned out!

I haven't been able to focus on the build in quite some time just with everything going on, but I do have some photos to share. [emoji16]

Even though they are up for sale(check out my for sale thread[emoji12]) here are some photos of the half doors. As you can see, the powdercoat actually turned out to be a pretty strong match and only in direct sunlight is where the difference shows.
View attachment 267719
View attachment 267720
View attachment 267721
View attachment 267723

Unfortunately they will be sold soon hopefully, but I've certainly enjoyed running them for a short time. I am very impressed with the Bestop doors. They are incredibly solid, surprisingly weatherproof(ask me how I know) and overall a nice upgrade.

Top Bottom