HALF Doors or NO Doors - What Say You?

HALF Doors or NO Doors - You can only choose ONE

• No Doors - Nothing is better than the wide open feel it offers

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Half Doors - They give a classic convertible look and still open things up nicely

Votes: 40 66.7%
  • Full Doors - I prefer to keep my Jeep buttoned up

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
One of the things I love most about owning Jeep Wranglers of any year, it's that they're designed to be driven topless AND doorless OR... with half doors. And I should note, I absolutely LOVE how they look both ways and to the point where I sometimes have a hard time deciding which to choose. That said, I'd love to know what you think? If price or availability weren't a factor, would you still prefer to drive doorless OR would you want half doors and why? What say you?

NO Doors?

HALF Doors?

benatc1

Hooked
Man, this is a tough one for me but I’ll have to say half doors, probably only because I have the factory ones and they look perfect. But I love the open door feel but not so much on the highway due to the swirl of wind. The half doors actually feel like the doors are off but much less of a windy ride

kevman65

Hooked
As much as I like nekkid things, that Beast looks better with the half doors.

Completely nekkid looks like something is missing (I know the doors and top are 🤪 ) but with the halfsies it has a clean, finished look.

As much as I like nekkid things, that Beast looks better with the half doors.

Completely nekkid looks like something is missing (I know the doors and top are 🤪 ) but with the halfsies it has a clean, finished look.
A great philosopher named Jeff Foxworthy once said: Naked is a universal English word which means you don't have any clothes on, Nekkid is a uniquely southern word which means you don't have any clothes on and you are up to something. Still have Full doors on my JK, But want a set of half-doors in the future.

I may always vote no doors on certain trails because it’s lighter and I have better visibility and won’t incur any door damage, lol.

But for 90% of driving, half doors seem perfect. Never had them though…

XT Carol

One of the things I love most about owning Jeep Wranglers of any year, it's that they're designed to be driven topless AND doorless OR... with half doors. And I should note, I absolutely LOVE how they look both ways and to the point where I sometimes have a hard time deciding which to choose. That said, I'd love to know what you think? If price or availability weren't a factor, would you still prefer to drive doorless OR would you want half doors and why? What say you?

NO Doors?

HALF Doors?
Well, I'm embarrassed to confess here that I'm the sole voter for full factory doors. I'll crawl down under my desk when I'm done.

I'm just out at all hours and in all kinds of weather. My JLUR is my only driver, my home is a motorhome. I like to feel able to keep expensive tools, and my shopping purchases, locked up. And behind tinted windows so the "curious" don't get to see all that stuff.

When I was in my 20's I was in an active Jeep club and had a 1974 CJ I just loved. Soft top, soft doors, crummy hard-to-see-through vinyl windows (roll down by unzipping), and a defroster that about didn't work at all. I spent a lot of time in it both on and off road w/out the doors on. I loved the feel of the wind (and even the rain!), like being a part of nature. But that's 20-something yo and this is now. I like both heat and cooling, often. It's fun to be dry too.

And boy, whoever thought of "filtered" cabin air in Jeeps?! I used to look like I'd crawled miles through a desert wash--filthy clothes, irritated eyeballs, allergies. And I don't like to think about how much dirt I inhaled. Don't know how I avoided catching the AZ Valley Fever (from inhaled dust). And that's NOT a joke, I had a close friend die from that disease.

All that said, I think the new Jeeps look very cool w/no or half-doors. And I'm sure the kids in the back seat are loving it!

Carol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm embarrassed to confess here that I'm the sole voter for full factory doors. I'll crawl down under my desk when I'm done.

I'm just out at all hours and in all kinds of weather. My JLUR is my only driver, my home is a motorhome. I like to feel able to keep expensive tools, and my shopping purchases, locked up. And behind tinted windows so the "curious" don't get to see all that stuff.

When I was in my 20's I was in an active Jeep club and had a 1974 CJ I just loved. Soft top, soft doors, crummy hard-to-see-through vinyl windows (roll down by unzipping), and a defroster that about didn't work at all. I spent a lot of time in it both on and off road w/out the doors on. I loved the feel of the wind (and even the rain!), like being a part of nature. But that's 20-something yo and this is now. I like both heat and cooling, often. It's fun to be dry too.

And boy, whoever thought of "filtered" cabin air in Jeeps?! I used to look like I'd crawled miles through a desert wash--filthy clothes, irritated eyeballs, allergies. And I don't like to think about how much dirt I inhaled. Don't know how I avoided catching the AZ Valley Fever (from inhaled dust). And that's NOT a joke, I had a close friend die from that disease.

All that said, I think the new Jeeps look very cool w/no or half-doors. And I'm sure the kids in the back seat are loving it!

Carol
LOL - no shame in wanting to stay buttoned up. It's why I added it as an option. And really, if I didn't have other Jeeps that I can keep full doors and a top on, I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't be harder for me to open up... or, at least, on my other Jeeps :)

TrailHunter

Hooked
Depends who's driving... if you are, Half Doors... No one wants to see your legs. 😬 And Half Doors because they look cool, add an extra level of safety and better for changing weather.

For myself... Unfortunately I need Full Doors and a Hard Top because of where I live and how I use my Jeep. But I'd prefer half.

Last edited:
Top Bottom