Hanson Offroad issues

rockwell

Ordered a bumper for the wife's Grand Cherokee on April 14th and still have yet to receive it. Still getting the run around from the owner, Steve. Just disputed the Amex charges and he can go pound sand.

I had problems with them last year. They make nice stuff but Steve is a dick and can’t run his businesses. Did they tell you “it’s at the powder coater”? Heard that one for weeks. I also disputed my charges and then they sent me one with the main mount welded in upside down and would no longer accept my calls.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J2mann

Having the same problem with Hanson Offroad

I ordered my $1500 bumper in March, I've heard "It's at the powder coaters" for 2 months or "it should ship next week" or " I dont know, let me have someone call you back" and they never do.

20 weeks now

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Now its 20 weeks ...no bumper is worth this

You're a more patient man than me. Hanson isn't the same company that they once were. I would cancel your order and demand a refund or if necessary, dispute your charges.

rockwell

If you cancel they will make more promises, those are also lies. Be firm with them and demand your money back or they will just keep stringing you along like they did with me. I ended up filing a claim with my bank and they dealt with it. They closed the case after 60 days and I got my money back. In the meantime Hanson sent me a defective bumper (probably to show the bank they shipped something) and wouldn’t answer my calls to return it. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J2mann

My options are; call them tomorrow, tell them what's missing and listen to their bullshit or pay to send 200 lbs of bumper back to California.

And then argue and wait 5 more months to get my money back

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
File a lawsuit against them in your home state...sue for fraud & punitive damages...

It's a good thing I didn't order anything from them...

EricThompson

I came across this thread searching for Hanson Offroad issues. Sorry for bringing back from the dead if the horse is already beat.

I am on the same path with Hanson as most of you have posted. I am surprised how consistent the stories are. I placed an order online in the beginning of May of 2021 and was told 6-8 weeks for a front bumper. I know materials are harder to get due to COVID now, so I was not pressing.

The first week of July I heard nothing and contacted them. Was told it's at powder coating and will be shipped shortly. I waited a week, nothing, called again. My bumper was at powder coated all of July and Aug. I called once a week just to check in. Talked to the same guy each time and it was like a new conversation each time. I get stuff powder coated all the time locally and using multiple different places, they have never been more than a week turnaround.

Finally in Sept. they called and said the bumper is ready to ship, I need to pay. Now I thought I paid when I placed the order online, but apparently not! After calling once a week in Sept., they finally told me a guy named Steve will call me and update me on the bumper. I wasn't sure what needed to be updated other than just shipping the thing!

I'm now in Nov and Steve still has not called. Over 6 months and I don't believe it exists. I paid with Amex, but they usually have a 6 month cancellation policy. Maybe that's Hanson's plan is to drag you out past 6 months. Has anyone gotten their money back after waiting 6 months? I think I got hosed.

jesse3638

Hooked
I came across this thread searching for Hanson Offroad issues. Sorry for bringing back from the dead if the horse is already beat.

I am on the same path with Hanson as most of you have posted. I am surprised how consistent the stories are. I placed an order online in the beginning of May of 2021 and was told 6-8 weeks for a front bumper. I know materials are harder to get due to COVID now, so I was not pressing.

The first week of July I heard nothing and contacted them. Was told it's at powder coating and will be shipped shortly. I waited a week, nothing, called again. My bumper was at powder coated all of July and Aug. I called once a week just to check in. Talked to the same guy each time and it was like a new conversation each time. I get stuff powder coated all the time locally and using multiple different places, they have never been more than a week turnaround.

Finally in Sept. they called and said the bumper is ready to ship, I need to pay. Now I thought I paid when I placed the order online, but apparently not! After calling once a week in Sept., they finally told me a guy named Steve will call me and update me on the bumper. I wasn't sure what needed to be updated other than just shipping the thing!

I'm now in Nov and Steve still has not called. Over 6 months and I don't believe it exists. I paid with Amex, but they usually have a 6 month cancellation policy. Maybe that's Hanson's plan is to drag you out past 6 months. Has anyone gotten their money back after waiting 6 months? I think I got hosed.
That really sucks. Them and Full Traction used to be good companies, but it seems they have really fallen off. I'd call AMEX and see what they can do for you. I know capital one really helped me out after a bunk purchase about a year ago.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Steve is the owner, if he doesn’t give a fuck
To call you back, get your money back.

Top Bottom