Hate light bar wind noise?

I couldn't stand the noise either and watched several video attempts to quieten it and none seamed to be appropriate for me and finally i came up with a solution that worked great and now i have clear light and no more noise.
I took a thin sheet of aluminum strip and rolled it around a 2" pipe to form a "C" and painted it black and attached it to the back side of the bar over the fins and fastened it with aluminum pop rivets to the fins and now it is aerodynamic and the whistle is no more.. If anyone is interested in it i actually posted a video on youtube that shows mine. I posted it in hopes it might help fellow jeepers.

How’s the cooling? Any issues? Can’t hear mine over tires and stereo ad exhaust leak anyways but no one likes bad aerodynamics.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

stoneman

How’s the cooling? Any issues? Can’t hear mine over tires and stereo ad exhaust leak anyways but no one likes bad aerodynamics.

No issues with cooling and to be correct i said a Piece and actually if was four pieces and i left a 1/2" gap between pieces and air can flow through the ends as well and the aluminum sheet i used actually acts like a heat sink as well so no heat issues with mine. Here is the link to what i did to mine, might be of use to anyone to try. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFnAWqVsca8

Last edited:

whytiptoe

Those are great solutions, but that is not the noise I am referring to. Most of my driving is 70+ mph. Go 70mph and then take it if and go 70, you will be surprised how much noise that damn thing makes and how much nicer the ride is without it.

deezus

Awesome man. I used the same trim I used on my factory cut fenders works great.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

stoneman

Those are great solutions, but that is not the noise I am referring to. Most of my driving is 70+ mph. Go 70mph and then take it if and go 70, you will be surprised how much noise that damn thing makes and how much nicer the ride is without it.

yeah you will get turbulance and why on earth have light bar manufacturers have to make them flat and square is beyond me as they could easily design the front to have a curvature and eliminate the wind turbulance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cold Gas

I found a solution that works great for me. I just took some black silicone and filled the bottom couple of fins in. Not all the way but using offset 6” strips so maybe filled 50% of the bottom 2 fins. No more whistle at all. I haven’t had any issues with mine in five years so would say the cooling is still fine. Cost me about $2 in silicone and 30 min of my time.
Before I did this I was ready to toss the light bar as it drove me nuts the high pitched whistle on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom