HD Axles with Stock Bolt Pattern?

Cory P

Hey guys.

Well I f'ed up and didn't get D60's before installing my suspension and buying bead lock wheels.

I have a 2013 JKU Rubicon w/ hemi 6.4

I just did bumpers, tire carrier, EVO Enforcer Pro 3 suspension, and 37's.

I didn't pay attention to the fact D60's are 8 lug wheels vs factory. My question is are there heavy duty axle assemblies like a D60 that uses the stock bolt pattern? Or should just pony up and get the D60's and new wheels?

Thanks, Cory

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Axles ?

Like Notcal68 said the 44/60 comes in 5x5. I know curries 60s come in 5x5. But for the same price I'd get prorocks that are full float and pay the extra for wheels. If you're planning on staying with 37s and smaller go the pro rock 44/60 combo.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tgoss

Hub bore is going to be the issue for full float axles hence why you won't find any with less than a 5x5.5 bolt pattern so yes, for full float 60's you're going to need new wheels.

Cory P

Thank you for the input.

What's the difference between the Dana Ultimate 60's and Dynatrac 60's?

Do I need to make sure to order them with certain upgrades so it steers properly or anything?

Thanks, Cory

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You can order a semi-float rear Trail or special order a ProRock or XD60 in a 5x5 bolt pattern. If you go full float, you can get it in a 5x5.5 or 8 lug bolt pattern. A ProRock 44 front axle will come in a 5x5 bolt pattern. If you go with a front 60, you will have to get 5x5.5 or 8 lug.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the input.

What's the difference between the Dana Ultimate 60's and Dynatrac 60's?

Do I need to make sure to order them with certain upgrades so it steers properly or anything?

Thanks, Cory

Price for one. With the new packages that Dynatrac now offers, you can get their axles for less than Dana. Quality for two - if you're happy with the quality of your factory axles, you will be fine with a Dana. If you think the boogers for plug welds and brackets tearing off is a problem, you might want to consider Dynatrac. Clearance for three, ProRocks have the MOST ground clearance bar none. I could go on and on.

No, you won't need to order them with any special upgrades.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I already have rubicon 44's front and rear with 4.88's. If something were to break and it was time to upgrade... what would the best axle choices in a 5x5 bolt pattern? I just got new ATX's in 5x5.

I know the pro rock 44 up front is available to take my stock locker and existing 4.88 gears. What about in the back? Is a D44 worth upgrading with stock rear internals, or go with a light D60 with 5x5 and ARB locker? How would I interface an ARB rear locker and factory front locker?

I'm not going this route now, but the information could be useful in the future!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I already have rubicon 44's front and rear with 4.88's. If something were to break and it was time to upgrade... what would the best axle choices in a 5x5 bolt pattern? I just got new ATX's in 5x5.

I know the pro rock 44 up front is available to take my stock locker and existing 4.88 gears. What about in the back? Is a D44 worth upgrading with stock rear internals, or go with a light D60 with 5x5 and ARB locker? How would I interface an ARB rear locker and factory front locker?

I'm not going this route now, but the information could be useful in the future!

Moochie here on the forum is running a modified XD60 that is factory width and running 5x5 bolt pattern. You might want to contact him via PM to get more details as to what he did.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug

I would do the semi float pro rock 60 for the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug

I think Dynatrac has an upgrade package for the rear d44, it might only be for the sport/Sahara rear and not for the rubicon 44, not totally sure. Could be worth a look.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jack diddly

I'm so glad you asked this question. It's something I've been recently looking into. I'm looking to run a dynatrac 60 with arb in the rear and the pr44 front with the rubicon locker I recently purchased.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom