Head light recommendation.

BobNH

I second the heated. I thought that here in Georgia I would have no use for heated headlights.....well earlier this month proved me wrong lol
View attachment 287199

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Were they still casting kight on the roadway? I had similar buildup recently and my jw's were still shining through albeit difused. They seemed okay on low but looked weird on hig, I checked when I got home and realized they had snowed over due to wet snow.
In general, they had zero issues in cold fluffy snow, since they weren't warm enough to melt it. With my stockers, they would melt the snow, but then it would just freeze over anyway.
I will know better by the end of this winter but I don't regret not getting heated TL's yet.

SubzArtz

I have the Truck Lites with the heating element in it and have had them for the past two winters...most of my miles are highway so lots of buildup on the headlight lenses, & these do the trick!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gbint

I kept it simple and went old school. We can get lost in all the razzel dazzle of high tech a forget about some of the really good stuff. Sure I’m a high tech guy but as a mechanic of more than 40 years I went with proven stuff. I’m not out to impress the other guy so I’m running Hella with high end PIIA H4’s. amazing difference. And all under 120.00.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
I kept it simple and went old school. We can get lost in all the razzel dazzle of high tech a forget about some of the really good stuff. Sure I’m a high tech guy but as a mechanic of more than 40 years I went with proven stuff. I’m not out to impress the other guy so I’m running Hella with high end PIIA H4’s. amazing difference. And all under 120.00.

You still running those crappy colored filament halogen bulbs? Funny, for a high tech guy thats been a mechanic for so long, i cant imagine why you would choose that over something else.

Jackal01

Sold my Truck Lites for JW Evolution J2s. I made the right call for sure. JWs have the anti flicker stuff built in. No separate harness like TL. Can't go wrong with any of em really. I would just steer clear of knock offs. No good reason to skimp on headlights.

Gbint

My lights are very very white! They are about the same as the LED,s I put in my wife’s Dodge Journey. It’s all about bulb selection. It’s not like the dinosaur bulbs of a few years back.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
You still running those crappy colored filament halogen bulbs? Funny, for a high tech guy thats been a mechanic for so long, i cant imagine why you would choose that over something else.

They beat what comes stock. I’ve run Hella housings and H4 bulbs, but I’m so glad I went led. It’s hard to go back to halogen, after you’ve seen Trucklite or JW Speaker!

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
My lights are very very white! They are about the same as the LED,s I put in my wife’s Dodge Journey. It’s all about bulb selection. It’s not like the dinosaur bulbs of a few years back.

Hey Texas nick. Some of us are on a budget.

I get bulb selection. But when that bulb selection is incandescent/halogen. It will never beat HID/LED lighting.
And as for being on a budget, i totally get that too. But when you say things like “Im not out to impress the other guy” kinda makes it seem as if you’re choosing a far superior product. As to where anything other than halogen is just for show, or not up to par. Thats just what i took from it anyway.

They beat what comes stock. I’ve run Hella housings and H4 bulbs, but I’m so glad I went led. It’s hard to go back to halogen, after you’ve seen Trucklite or JW Speaker!

Yeah, but anything really beats the stock JK lighting lol

Sahara_Maverick

All the lights https://youtu.be/XNZT6QqHHOo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is a good review. However, it would had been even better if he had also compared the beam patterns.
There must be some big differences since he measured higher lumen values for the JW but at 25ft the lux difference wasn't big when compared to the TL. So, they must have some big beam variation on how they focus the light.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Robertcrav

This is a good review. However, it would had been even better if he had also compared the beam patterns.
There must be some big differences since he measured higher lumen values for the JW but at 25ft the lux difference wasn't big when compared to the TL. So, they must have some big beam variation on how they focus the light.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app
Same channel has individual videos for each light tested with more information

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom