Headlights Help

JokerJ420

The humidity here is usually low in winter so the snow is dry and the snow build up on the headlight is not a problem. If you have a lot of high humidity snow/wet/slushy snow I would go heated Truck lites.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

canadianboy

I have normal TruckLites and wish I had the heated version. It's mostly a problem near freezing. Cold, dry snow won't stick, and if it's warm enough it melts off anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I planned on Jw. But have been running sylvannia Xtreme bright bulbs. Have always used them in my vehicles. The lows are a bright flood pattern and work well in dark rural areas.

boardsurfer

That may answer my biggest question: will the JW ice over such that I'll be wishing I had heated TruckLites?? I'd rather the JW but not if it's an issue here in Colorado. That said, I have stock right now and haven't had any ice issues with those.

Sadly, they will accumulate a lot of snow and ice in my experience that last time it snowed a few weeks ago - and I'll admit I have posted to the contrary before. My commute was only 6 miles with no highways fortunately, but when I got home there was a good half inch of crud packed into the lights and I could tell while driving that they were impaired in some way.

In all other situations, I believe the JWs are better. I have run both on my Jeep - the Wife has the TLs (non-heated) now and she likes them well enough.

So yeah, the snow problem is real. I know you're safety minded with the kids and all. I would recommend you take a hard look at the Heated TLs. D-nought has them and could vouch for their snow performance.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Sadly, they will accumulate a lot of snow and ice in my experience that last time it snowed a few weeks ago - and I'll admit I have posted to the contrary before. My commute was only 6 miles with no highways fortunately, but when I got home there was a good half inch of crud packed into the lights and I could tell while driving that they were impaired in some way.

In all other situations, I believe the JWs are better. I have run both on my Jeep - the Wife has the TLs (non-heated) now and she likes them well enough.

So yeah, the snow problem is real. I know you're safety minded with the kids and all. I would recommend you take a hard look at the Heated TLs. D-nought has them and could vouch for their snow performance.

Thanks for the honest review, Jake. I don't know that we'll swap our OEM ones out, but if we do, we'll keep this in mind. I prefer reading something like your post over a totem pole chart graph.

boardsurfer

Thanks for the honest review, Jake. I don't know that we'll swap our OEM ones out, but if we do, we'll keep this in mind. I prefer reading something like your post over a totem pole chart graph.

Sure thing. Back in the day before the LED craze, I put Sylvania Silver Stars in my LJ. Those were a nice improvement over stock and were only like $40.

boardsurfer

Trucklites hands down. U can buy yourself two sets of trucklites for the price of the jw.

It has been quite a while since that was true.

GpMeCmA.png

iAOZ2cs.png

deezus

I have some JW knock offs, great lights but have to pull over when it's snowing at night to clean them off. My buddy has the heated TLs. He doesn't have to but mine do look better😊

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dempsey

You can get JWs for less than 500. I would know, cause i have em. I love everything about them. would buy again in a heart beat

0124172038b.jpg

Top Bottom