Headlights Help

GraniteCrystal

Sadly, they will accumulate a lot of snow and ice in my experience that last time it snowed a few weeks ago - and I'll admit I have posted to the contrary before. My commute was only 6 miles with no highways fortunately, but when I got home there was a good half inch of crud packed into the lights and I could tell while driving that they were impaired in some way.

In all other situations, I believe the JWs are better. I have run both on my Jeep - the Wife has the TLs (non-heated) now and she likes them well enough.

So yeah, the snow problem is real. I know you're safety minded with the kids and all. I would recommend you take a hard look at the Heated TLs. D-nought has them and could vouch for their snow performance.
A half inch thick over the whole thing or half inch accumulated along the bottom?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
That may answer my biggest question: will the JW ice over such that I'll be wishing I had heated TruckLites?? I'd rather the JW but not if it's an issue here in Colorado. That said, I have stock right now and haven't had any ice issues with those.

I know the climate is dryer, where you live. The snow we get is wet and packy, not dry powder, so that may make a difference. Here in Mississippi, we had a storm, a few weeks back. It was a mixture of snow flurries, sleet, and freezing rain. I had to scrape ice off of the JWS lights.

After running both lights, the light output from both is excellent. If I lived anywhere colder in winter, and even thought I might have a problem, I'd buy heated Trucklites. As I said, we don't get much of that weather, and the climate is much different from your area, so you'd have to make that judgment.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
It has been quite a while since that was true.

GpMeCmA.png

iAOZ2cs.png

Those have to be the heated version.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97061_9010.htm

You can get regular Trucklites for $399

http://www.rivercityoffroad.com/product-p/tlpkgdeal.htm

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bluegrassjku

You could also install properly retrofitted hid projector headlights, and have far more visibility then any led headlight on the market ever dreamed of. Just make sure the parts come from a place like the retrofit source, and are quality pieces like oem (from other makes) or morimoto. The cost would be cheaper then JW speaker, generate enough heat to not freeze, and you'd have 3500 lumens of usable light per headlight instead of maybe 1700 raw lumens in led form.

Top Bottom