Heads-up to Trektop NX owners

Napalm

Hey Joshua, I'm not sure if this will help or not but we just installed our Trektop today and noticed that when installing and tightening down the pivot bracket for the sun rider that bracket can slide slightly. You may want to check it making sure the bracket is as far forward as it can be towards the front windshield. That little bit of give will close the gap where the top meets the windshield or at least it seemed to for ours.

Got my sunrider pulled back right now. Going to check this out. These are the brackets that hold the sunrider bows to the door surrounds right?

Trail JK

Got my sunrider pulled back right now. Going to check this out. These are the brackets that hold the sunrider bows to the door surrounds right?

Yes the brackets that are above/ anchored to the door surrounds. Make sure they are pushed as far forward towards the windshield as possible. 👍 Hope it helps!

sapco76

Hey Joshua, I'm not sure if this will help or not but we just installed our Trektop today and noticed that when installing and tightening down the pivot bracket for the sun rider that bracket can slide slightly. You may want to check it making sure the bracket is as far forward as it can be towards the front windshield. That little bit of give will close the gap where the top meets the windshield or at least it seemed to for ours.

Can you post a pic of what you're talking about? Thanks

Napalm

Yes the brackets that are above/ anchored to the door surrounds. Make sure they are pushed as far forward towards the windshield as possible. 👍 Hope it helps!

Turns out my brackets were off about a half inch. Thanks for the tip :) appreciate it!

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Theoretically, yes. I imagine it would make the reattaching the top fabric section of the Trektop to the header bar considerably harder though. You would also have to install the bolts with the head under the fabric top to avoid puncturing any holes meaning the threaded end with the nut would be showing above the front seats. Probably not the most aesthetic design in the world but you wouldn't have to worry about the plastic molds breaking.

Thats what i was thinking it would look like. It would be a cheap fix. Even if you cut the threads off flush, it wouldn't look too bad. You would want a bolt with a flat head (probably a #8 countersunk style bolt).

Now to make it look decent, you could use nuts like those used on a helmet. They have a flat head with a slot for a screwdriver. The threads are on a narrower section and fit inside the hole.

Or a couple other types of nuts.

CooperM

Good call! I didn't consider how this would impact header placement. I just decided to set it toward the back since it seemed to fit better. I'm going to try moving mine forward in the morning.

Tx07JKU

Thanks for the info. My nx is about a year old and I am starting to hear flapping and see daylight above the passenger door.

StrizzyChris

Thanks for the info. My nx is about a year old and I am starting to hear flapping and see daylight above the passenger door.

Check the cable and spring behind the pass side rear door. My spring broke and caused this same issue. If the spring is fine, you may need to move the spring to the next hole(in the 3 hole bracket) to increase tension on the cable.

Tx07JKU

Check the cable and spring behind the pass side rear door. My spring broke and caused this same issue. If the spring is fine, you may need to move the spring to the next hole(in the 3 hole bracket) to increase tension on the cable.

Turns out it was the spring! Thanks strizzy! Sorry it took so long for me to respond, life gets crazy. But the fiancé is much happier without that roof flapping above her head. Lol.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I had installed mine and noticed wind noise instantly. I also had a slight tear in one of the panels. I was not getting anywhere via email until I called and got instant concern and had it handled. I sent them a picture where I could put one finger in the gap between header and top. They agreed it was slightly bent and I have a new header coming. Also arrived a few days later was a new side panel. Customer service is awesome. Worried at first, but I read all the great responses from other members and their experience. Very happy.

StrizzyChris

Turns out it was the spring! Thanks strizzy! Sorry it took so long for me to respond, life gets crazy. But the fiancé is much happier without that roof flapping above her head. Lol.

Good to hear that's all it was....happy wife, happy life! :thumb:

Top Bottom