Hello from Iowa

Augy

Found this site while searching mods and looks to be a very good community with a lot of helpful information and members. Recently picked up my 4th Jeep, a 2015 Sport w/90k miles with plans to eventually pass it down to my son who is currently serving in the USMC in Okinawa. In the mean time, my wife and I will tool around in it and get everything squared away :) Thus far, what I've got done to the Jeep:

Replaced the clock spring (fix horn not working, most steering wheel buttons, and some intermittent dash ligths)
Replaced the carpet with Bed Rug full carpet
Installed Alpine head unit and upgraded all speakers
Added fog lights to the front bumper
Installed Poison Spyder rear bumper
Installed Magnaflow exhaust
Installed Rugged Ridge 3rd brake light spare tire ring
Installed power door locks (A1 electric kit)
Relaced windshield
Replaced rear rotors, pads, and e-brake components (e brake works now :) )
Gutted some very poor wiring done by previous owner(s) and cleaned up wiring

Future maintenance plans include:
Replacing front axle seals (have parts, may tackle this weekend)
Full fluid change service (brake, diff, trans, etc)
Check over bushings, u-joints, etc...wear components...replace or upgrade as needed

Other plans:
Improve fender flare appearance. This is what actually led me to this site...a thread on cutting the stock flares. I picked up a full used set yesterday, inner & outer flares and frame supports. I am not entirely sure I'll like the look but the used set was $50 and I figured I could cut them and see what I think (and the wife thinks). If I don't like them, I still have my stock ones and will likely just to have to fork out the $ for good aftermarket flares. The flares I really want are no longer made so I'm going to try this first if only to hold off buying new for a while.

Not sure I love the look of the rear bumper (partly because it doesn't line up well with the stock rear fender flares). The front bumper is a Oedero that came with it...looks ok but not sure it's what I would have picked out...probably swapping that at some point.

Overall, just trying to find the "look" I am aiming for and get there as reasonably cheap as possible. Need to pick up a soft top and hardware, too.

Sorry for the long introduction, just started thinking about all the things I've done and plan to do and kind of got on a roll. Looking forward to seeing others and getting advice and input when needed. Thanks for letting me join!

This is what the JK looked like when I bought it last month:

Attachments

• IMG_4028.PNG
    IMG_4028.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

CalSgt

Hooked
Welcome from California

sorry I don’t have the attention span (or sobriety) to read your entire post, I caught that you’re building a JK for your kid in the marines. Cool

DZRTJP

Welcome from Arizona 👋

Great to have another 2 door 😁. You've really got a start on it, sounds like it will turn out great👍.

Top Bottom