Help Me With My Decisions!

tonytony9

The handling of the vehicle is hard to explain. I don't know anyone who recommends one more than one inch in conjunction with suspension. I removed a 3" off my Ram I had and my moms YJ. Never again will I own a vehicle with a body lift. Bestop also has the regular factory style soft top and not the fastback like a lot of us have. I like to fill the wheel well as much as I can and as clearance will allow. I really wheel as much as I can also and trimming the fenders may or may not be a requirement when I go 35's. Here's a user (sorry I don't have your handle handy) with the Evo leveling kit, 35's, and trimmed stock fenders.
View attachment 73539

Where are you located? You could ride in mine and see how you like the ride if you're close enough.

Opposite side of the country unfortunately haha. I love the look of that! I was thinking of getting the flat fenders or trimming my for sure. I don't know if it is the right decision for me to buy tires at the moment. As my tires are practically brand new.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Opposite side of the country unfortunately haha. I love the look of that! I was thinking of getting the flat fenders or trimming my for sure. I don't know if it is the right decision for me to buy tires at the moment. As my tires are practically brand new.

Well you could go the leveling kit route...pic your brand...and it won't look stupid with the tires you have now...but will fit the 35's once you wear out your tires now. If you wheel you may need to trim to fully articulate but that can be done once you get the 35's as well. A cheaper route vs. a full suspension kit for more lift. Theres two different leveling kits from Teraflex, one with spacers and one with springs and shocks I think. I am sure there are other options but, I only looked at the teraflex before reading thread after thread after thread about how nice the EVO springs are...so I got their kit and couldn't be happier. I like soft tops for their ease of removal...I would put that high on the list as well as the Spidertrax ($200). The spidertrax will make your rig look better right away. Get those done first then save up a little more cash and revisit the suspension idea. I personally learned from past mistakes trying to save money on suspension and decided I wouldn't do that with my JK...just not worth saving a little money. You're better off and will be happier to save longer than to try and save cash now.

HILLZ

JK13.jpg
this is mine, its got the Old man emu 2" lift, can be pricy but i highly recommend. rides great on and off road.
i've got 1.5" wheel spacers on all corners but just a generic brand till i get some new wheels with around 4.5" of back spacing.
the tyres in the pic are 275/70R17's which is roughly a 32x10 and would be close to the size of tyre you are running at the moment.
and if you were in Western Australia you could have the factory un-used soft top from mine as i'll never use it. haha

Top Bottom