Help me.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I don't think that would cause a bind though. Only a taping noise I think. You can actually feel mine and feel it in the shifter knob on the transfer case.

Ok, I was going off your original post where you had a "clicking noise" being transferred to your shifter. That flange his the transfer case cable. Now that you have a "binding"feeling, I'm not sure. Hope you get this fixed.
Edit, Frank described it "as a nasty thump in the transfer case shifter knob".

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Ok, I was going off your original post where you had a "clicking noise" being transferred to your shifter. That flange his the transfer case cable. Now that you have a "binding"feeling, I'm not sure. Hope you get this fixed.
Edit, Frank described it "as a nasty thump in the transfer case shifter knob".

Exactly. The 1350 yoke was contacting the cable brace. Marlo posted the photo (thanks).

Check that area. It was causing my transfer case knob to thump with every turn of the DS. I say eliminate that as it's an easy fix.

Let me know if you need me to walk you through my "fix" or how I identified it as the issue. :yup:

Is it above the flange? This might be the problem. Did it get worse when you went faster. Seems to get worse when you put a load on it.

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Is it above the flange? This might be the problem. Did it get worse when you went faster. Seems to get worse when you put a load on it.

Didn't get out of the driveway my TC shift knob was jumping so bad it was obvious. There are 2 prongs hanging down that hold your cable. It's right above the yoke.

Well thanks to frank it is fixed. It was the piece of metal that holds the cable for the transfer case. When i dropped the driveshaft i seen it right away. Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Glad you got it fixed! I thought for sure it would be the 5 lug on a one ton axle that was causing the noise. :D

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Well thanks to frank it is fixed. It was the piece of metal that holds the cable for the transfer case. When i dropped the driveshaft i seen it right away. Thanks for the help guys.

Glad Frank got you fixed up and running again.

10frank9

Web Wheeler

Awesome! Glad to help out. Bet you feel relieved that it cost $0 to fix and no shops necessary. :yup:

Top Bottom