Help on a lift Please! Rock Krawler

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
AEV folks will go the extra mile sticking up for their $1200-$2000 coils and overpriced 5100's.
He does make a good point with free/cheap replacement parts.

If I paid that much for my lift. I'd try to defend it too. :eek:

2014 JKUR

Robar

The Enforcer
A balanced suspension system working in unison is the key.

Grasshopper...

chinese-symbols-and-yin-yang-tattoo-design.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I am comparing it to all the other suspension systems....

You forgot to add that your sweet drop brackets can flex sideways, which is freakin cool and can make all of the difference in the world. I'm not sure how the AEV engineers figured out how to make steel so pliable that it can bend back and forth without losing structural strength, but kudos to them. Come to think of it, that must be why Rancho's drop brackets are less expensive. They are too strong and rigid and can't flex sideways.

Landman

I have 3" evo springs, Rancho 9000s for a 4" lift, and RK front CA's. The front springs bow and it is extremely close to rubbing my front sway bar. It has rubbed some in fact. My shock also hits the frame at full droop. But it has performed pretty well and I haven't seen any thing to worry me. Yet. These problems are exacerbated from a local shop INSTALLING CAM BOLTS on my jeep when I took it in to have them break that crazy lock nut and adjust my arms to get my axle and pinion angle corrected smdh...

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

rocxtreme

It is clear on here that this group is anti AEV, and from what I can tell, pro EVO.

As to, when does flex become a negative, when your tire drops too far in a hole and starts to work against climbing a boulder, going up a ledge.

Suspensions installed, Teraflex, Rubicon, and mix match pieces.

I thought this was a solid forum of information, but clearly it is one sided.

My jeep works, Utah, Cali, Colorado, New Mexico, pleased with each aspect of it.

To each there own, I'm sure I will see some of you on the trail someday, till then, enjoy your forum, and happy trails.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
It is clear on here that this group is anti AEV, and from what I can tell, pro EVO.

As to, when does flex become a negative, when your tire drops too far in a hole and starts to work against climbing a boulder, going up a ledge.

My jeep works, Utah, Cali, Colorado, New Mexico, pleased with each aspect of it.

To each there own, I'm sure I will see some of you on the trail someday, till then, enjoy your forum, and happy trails.

Get some thicker skin, not everybody is going to agree with your opinion, some might disagree. Happy trails!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You should come wheel with us sometime and tell us after that your kit is better. I bet that wouldn't happen.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

One-sided? :cheesy: Why? Because a bunch of us feel that lifting a Jeep while concurrently installing drop brackets doesn't make a lot of sense? Or because the Rancho brackets are less expensive and built better?

It's great you love your lift, but don't get bent out of shape if other people have a different opinion or point out some of the downsides (including the price for what you actually get).

Oh, and I think you will find most people think AEV makes some great stuff...it's just that the drop bracket lift doesn't fall into that category.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! Spoken like a true AEV fanboy - how predictable. Just because you don't like what you hear doesn't mean anyone is "anti AEV" and, since you seemed to have missed it, I never once brought up EVO. :naw:

Again, I asked for a specific trail or obstacle not theoretical situations you've heard of. :naw: If you had any real experience, you'd know that all you have to do in a situation like that is to re-connecting your front sway bar :naw:

:yawn37: what I thought. Got any specifics? Care to post up some pics to back up your claims or are you just all talk :rolleyes2:

LOL!! Gotta love fanboys like you. Get asked a few questions and hear opposing points of view and the forum is all "one sided". Just because you don't like what you hear doesn't mean the information here isn't solid.

Never said your Jeep doesn't work. You're just the one shooting off your mouth like you know what your talking about and how hard you wheel with your awesome AEV lift. Of course, with a moniker like yours, you must be a badass :yup:

Agrees - to each their own and happy trails :)

MI jeepskate

be prepared for back order. the heim joints are currently recalled. im not very happy as i bought it 3 weeks ago for my wheeling trip in 2 weeks and it wont be at my door until the 8th. nothing was mentioned to me at the point of sale. not krawlers fault but still a crappy situation

bkac

Caught the Bug
I ended up going with the EVO Enforcer. Will be at my door tomorrow. Just finished tearing down the tonight. Man I love wrenching on the JK. That's my way to destress after a long day. Good luck with you kit. Hope you get it soon!

Sent from my SCH-I925 using WAYALIFE mobile app

CerOf

Sheesh, I missed an AEV thread. Someone let me know so THE fan boy, me, can chime in.

From one fan boy to another, you'll need a front shaft, period. WOL's talking about failure of the boot by the rzeppa joint at the t-case output. Mine failed. Was probably days from falling out.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406177933.566742.jpg

If you're running 3"+ lift, it's only a matter of time.

PS My drop brackets flexing help absorb bumps when I'm auto cross racing in the mall parking lot. Speed bumps are pretty brutal.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

liljohn850

I ran a 4" lift on stock arms and no brackets, then did the AEV brackets and have since installed RK CA's. I went from Rancho springs to EVO 3" plush rides... I would say that so far the EVO springs are a much better ride. (5100 shocks) I will also agree that the drop brackets are nice what they are designed to do... but anything passed LIGHT rock crawling, I noticied some side flexing... not cool. but if you don't rock crawl or haul ass in whoopty-doos, theyre ok. as for the RK arms... I have no complaints... yet. I haven't rebuilt my joints yet....

liljohn850

Sheesh, I missed an AEV thread. Someone let me know so THE fan boy, me, can chime in.

From one fan boy to another, you'll need a front shaft, period. WOL's talking about failure of the boot by the rzeppa joint at the t-case output. Mine failed. Was probably days from falling out.

View attachment 92919

If you're running 3"+ lift, it's only a matter of time.

PS My drop brackets flexing help absorb bumps when I'm auto cross racing in the mall parking lot. Speed bumps are pretty brutal.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

def get a front DS... I tore mine up... and then it went boom... at a VERY good time, in my driveway.:wings:

Skeem47

be prepared for back order. the heim joints are currently recalled. im not very happy as i bought it 3 weeks ago for my wheeling trip in 2 weeks and it wont be at my door until the 8th. nothing was mentioned to me at the point of sale. not krawlers fault but still a crappy situation

There is no recall on the heim joints. The Krawler joints are on backorder due to waiting for the balls for the joints to be produced.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

There is no recall on the heim joints. The Krawler joints are on backorder due to waiting for the balls for the joints to be produced.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Correct

"The big hang up is the balls for the lower control arm joints which will be expedited to us Monday. We used over 150k of them already this year for that joint position alone. We are expecting them next week and then we will be cranking everything out. All other components are pre packed already and they will do the best they can to fulfill orders"

Top Bottom